Wide booster

ADS

Evolily

possibly the safety 1st apex without the harness... but it would be high back and around $80. The frontier would work, too, but it would be very expensive. From the pictures I've seen it seems like the Harmony booster is wider than the Dakota. I think the cosco prospect backless booster is wider IIRC. My neighbors have a bigger daughter and have her in a combi dakota... but again, I think the dakota is more narrow than the one she bought so, idk.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
possibly the safety 1st apex without the harness... but it would be high back and around $80.
I do NOT have a small rear (my hip measurement is a full size larger than my waist measurement, fun, and, you know, adult woman) and I can sit relatively comfortably in the Apex.

HEVY

The Apex only goes to 100lbs, right? Your friends DD is almost that weight seems like it would be a waste of money. Can you get a more specific weight?

emandbri

My oldest is in a prospect. He is 5 foot 2 and over 130 lbs. Yes, he is over the weight limit but he really doesn't fit in my van still.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The Apex only goes to 100lbs, right? Your friends DD is almost that weight seems like it would be a waste of money. Can you get a more specific weight?

Most of us would make the parental choice and recommendation to use any booster that fits safely, regardless of the weight limit, if the only other option is riding without a seat in a seatbelt that doesn't fit. :twocents::)

HEVY

Most of us would make the parental choice and recommendation to use any booster that fits safely, regardless of the weight limit, if the only other option is riding without a seat in a seatbelt that doesn't fit. :twocents::)

I understand, just thought there would be a better option, there should be. I know I would probably use a NBB if DD was over the weight limit.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Ah, gotcha. I think everyone mentioned the Apex because it's wider than available backless boosters. (Curses to these companies who can't just make a product that fits heavier kids..grrr...)

clek

Our ozzi seat may work well for the OP. It goes to 120 pounds and is $69.99. I know it's not the cheapest out there, but is less than our olli seat.
Thanks

(PS, I try not to pitch our products on here, but thought this may be helpful)

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Our ozzi seat may work well for the OP. It goes to 120 pounds and is $69.99. I know it's not the cheapest out there, but is less than our olli seat.
Thanks

Actually, I was thinking that too. I have the Oto, and I can sit in it. But ofcourse, the no arms helps!

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Thanks

I think it's a very reasonable suggestion. The Apex that others have suggested retails for even more than that, after all. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pcarter

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC