Question Why am I not ok with this?

glockchick

I got Kaleigh a cow PW SGL that she loves, but my mama gut is just not happy. She sat perfectly yesterday except for a couple of times where I had to remind her not to try to get toys she dropped. Even sleeping, she stayed in perfect position. She's 5 years, 5 months old and 48 lbs. So why is my mama gut screaming to put her back in the FR?

She rides in a TB every other week with her dad so she does use a booster but i feel better with her in the FR. I'd have to get her cow for it if I put her back in it. She's being so sweet and not whining even though she really wants to use the booster.

WWYD?

ADS

Baylor

It's so hard. Even when my ds went to booster ( he was 6 and 1/2) it was hard and still used GN for might rising and long trips. I eased into full time boostering. Now at almost 8 he goes between lbb and hbb.

auto correct hates me

glockchick

Judi said:
Because you don't want your baby to grow up.

I suppose this is true. So you're telling me to put on my big girl panties and deal, huh? ;)

She's ready. I just gotta get me ready. Lol.

glockchick

Thanks Judi. :). Every now and then I need someone to smack some sense into me and reinforce what I know but don't want to believe. ;)

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I mean, if you don't HAVE to booster her, then why not keep her harnessed if it keeps you sane? I know there's no difference in safety since she can sit properly, but if it eases your mind, I don't see why you couldn't just harness still. :)

glockchick

I don't have to but I did promise her a cow seat so I'd need to find a cow cover for the FR. ;) She loves the cow.

momtotwogirls

I would put her back in the FR. I told my oldest she cant use a booster until at least 6 yrs old even though she is begging for one now. She uses one in her dad's car on the very rare occasion we need to ride in his car and she does great but Im just not ready for it to be a full time things.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I'm a big believer in Mama Gut (and caregiver gut, for that matter.) Not just in CPS, but in other areas of life, too. Sometimes you can have all the logic in the world, but if Mama Gut ain't happy ain't nobody happy. ;)

That said, she's probably fine in the PW, so I don't think either restraint is a "bad" decision.

2BunniesMommy

My DD1 has been boostered in my van and still in a harness in DH's since about July or so. Still freaks me out, but she sits perfect and fits well in the seat. The only reason I haven't changed her Frontier to booster in DH's is because she doesn't have room to buckle it. However, I must admit, that is one of the reasons I insisted we went out of town in DH's van a couple weeks ago.

So like you, I know she is safe, but I still get freaked out by it!

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
I'm a big believer in Mama Gut (and caregiver gut, for that matter.) Not just in CPS, but in other areas of life, too. Sometimes you can have all the logic in the world, but if Mama Gut ain't happy ain't nobody happy. ;)

That said, she's probably fine in the PW, so I don't think either restraint is a "bad" decision.

:yeahthatlove:

I feel the same way about my son, but he has been soooo close to outgrowing our GN that I started booster training him awhile ago, plus we have 3 cars now, since DH needed a commuter car and there have been times that he has had to ride in it. You know she is safe in it, but it is hard to make that transition!

thepote

Carrie_R said:

I agree with this. I found with my ds2 there was a huge difference in his build that happened the year he was 6. His shoulders lost that rounded look and where before I was like "well I guess he's OK" to feeling completely comfortable. Once his shoulders had that bit of definition to them it just seemed that the belt would stay on him better in a crash.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC