Why am i agonizing over this booster purchase?

mommy2girls

Help me out. I was previously set on a Recaro. Now I'm a little concerned over the lack of depth of the vivo & the tippy-ness of the probooster. I'm starting from scratch in what I'm considering.

DD is 5 1/2, currently rides in a radian & will continue to as a primary seat while we booster train. She is 44 1/2", 37ish lbs, 16 inch torso. I would consider her slim & leggy.

We drive an '11 Odyssey & '10 civic. Grandma & grandpa drive a '10 trailblazer & '03 GMC Sierra crew cab.

Thoughts? I'm apparently making this too hard. ;)

ADS

skylinphoto

What about the kiddy cruiserfix? I don't know how it fits slim kids as I don't own the booster..but it has the leg room extension feature and latches so I wouldn't be tippy.

Or a graco turbobooster..fits small kiddos.

The evenflo amp hbb fits my ds well (he's 6 with nearly the same stats as your kiddo)..good legroom.

mommy2girls

I had read some reviews on the kiddy & put it on my list. I was just debating if the price tag was worth it. Seems like it is.

I had a turbo for my oldest & liked it. That was back before I knew much about carseats & it was one of the few in the store. I'll try Caitlin in a turbo. Any thoughts on the new safety surround?

I hadn't looked at the amp hb. We'll check it out too.

Thank you.

melniemi

I stuck a small chunk of pool noodle under the side of my probooster and it doesn't tip at all. It's much less tippy in the third row of my 12 ody than it was in my Yukon even without the noodle. It's my 8yo fav booster, I've tried several.

mommy2girls

Thanks for the idea. I would not have thought of using a noodle. I'll most likely have her in the captain's chair (but only an armrest on 1 side). Three could be times when she rides 3rd row.

Maybe I'll do a probooster for our cars & a TB for grandma & grandpa. I don't want them to have to mess with a noodle.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC