Who still has an 8+ yr old in HBB?

MommyBoha

My DS wil be 9 in March and is still in his HBB, the Recaro ProBooster

newcar289.jpg

ADS

kirsty

My 7 year old nephew and 8 year old neice are in my car and my neice is in mums car to but my nephew went into a lbb at 6 in my sister car. My 10 1/2 year old neice sometimes uses hbb in my car I leave it up to her what she wants to use unless the younger ones need it as I only have 1 hbb at the moment.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Car-Seat.Org

SignCuer

The 8 yr old I watch is now in a Frontier85 in booster mode.

On my faithful sidekick :) Don't text and drive... It may save a life!

My ladybug, Yani, 16 lbs and 29 inches, RFing in a Keyfit and crusing in a Radian80SL!

kater-tot82

My DD will be 9 in March and rides in a Monterey. She is wanting to move to a backless booster in both vehicles (she rides in a backless Literider in DH'a car) so I think we may switch her to that in the not too distant future.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
My 8.5 year old is in a monterey in one car and an OS parkway in the other. He also sometimes rides in a vivo. I don't have pics of him in any of them, but if I think of it in the next few days, I'll take some.

Ditto, except mine is a dd and we don't have a vivo. She is 8.5, monterey in my car, os parkway in dh's car. She is going to outgrow the pw in the next year (maybe sooner) and will go backless of some sort when that happens.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
My daughter will be 8 in April and will be in a HBB for a long time. Heck, she didn't go in a booster full-time until 7.5! She rides in a Clek Oobr, I can get a pic later if you want. She also rides in a HBTB in other cars...

scoutingbear

A is 7 1/2 (will be 8 in Feb) and will be in a HBB booster for a long time yet. he needs the back to remind him to stay in position. He is in a Monterey in my car and in HB Turbo (soon to switch to ??????) in other cars. He is on the last headrest position in that one though so I'm not sure what we are going to do! We have a three across to deal with and another almost booster rider.

family5oregon

My DS wil be 9 in March and is still in his HBB, the Recaro ProBooster

newcar289.jpg

I've looked at those also. how tall does it go for the should strap and to the top of the headrest? I just check our DS is 1 notch from to max of the monterey and doesn't like the SGL because it tips. (we don't have latch in our cars) I've thought about the oobr but hubby would shoot me. I am in the process of selling off all my seat due to no more babysitting and will be able to buy a, hopefully, taller hbb. :p

family5oregon

They still fall asleep in the car and practically fold themselves in half if they don't have support. :rolleyes:

our ds falls asleep alot also. We recently tried lbb for a couple for trips and he complaind of no support for his back, so we put it back on. Not sure what we are going to do when we run out of seat options. :eek:

hsjwmom

Unfortunately, if your son is close to outgrowing the Monterey, your options are pretty limited. I :love: our FR85, both in booster mode for dd1 and in harness mode for dd3. BUT. It is so pricy, I don't know that I would have bought one for dd1 if I didn't have a younger child that would be using it eventually. Even with that, I only ended up with them because of the awesome Wayfair sale.

On a side note, for the price, I don't think an Oobr would be a great choice for your situation. I bought one for my eldest as soon as they were available (pre-ordered, actually!) and sold it recently. As much as she loved her "monkey seat", it really wasn't nearly as comfortable for her as the Monterey or FR85. IIRC, it isn't as tall as a Monterey, either.

luckyclov

DS1 is 9. His stats are in my siggy. He's outgrown all HBBs except the FR85 in booster mode and the PWSG/L. He rides in a PWSG.

wildeyes

michayla is over ten and still in a hhb. a vivo in my moms car (it was in mine up till today but it wont fit next to the rf radian) and in a cosco seat of some sort in her fathers vehicle.

shes very tiny, and isnt on the highest setting on her vivo yet.

agurlsride

I don't have any pics but my 8 and 10yr olds are still booster kids, they are both around 4'4" DS is 12 and has just stopped riding in a booster in some cars, he is about 4'8ish

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

christineka

I don't have pics, but my 12 yo rides in a high back most of the time. My 10 year old almost always rides in a high back. My 8 yo's usual seat is a harnessed frontier 85.

CrazyBoysMamma

Ignore the fact that it's in the front seat, I was too impatient to uninstall seats before playing with my new toy, I mean his new booster.:p
be8d6477-1.jpg

Aidan is 8 years old, about 64 lbs, 4 ft. 4ish with a small to average torso.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC