Who needs a "back-up" car seat?

tiggercat

I like to have a back up seat so that I can transport extra kids (many of my 8yo's friends don't ride in boosters in parents cars, so for her birthday I was happy to have enough boosters to transport her 3 besties to the pedicure place). I have several extra boosters for that purpose.

I don't currently have a back up for my son, no harnessed seats to speak of, because I keep giving/loaning seats out. I think I'll just try to hold out until he is boosterable because with his torso height it is too expensive to have an extra rarely used seat. He's already 4 and 40lbs, so just waiting another year or two for the maturity to catch up ;)

Both of my kids have seats in their father's car and in their grandparent's car because they ride frequently in both.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

ADS

mping

I have a frontier and an Affix in my car, a Maestro in my husbands and whatever booster my daughter wants for his car, a spare marathon for the occasional 5pt harness kid I may have, and about 4 backless boosters for my kids' friends, Brownie carpool, etc. My mom also has two TB in her car for my kids or for my nephew. I'm toying with selling the marathon. I don't really need it but I don't think I could get much for it so it doesn't seem to be worth selling. Our first back up seat was a Scenera for travel, grandma, etc. We have a Bubble Bum too for travel but I really just wanted one ;)
We don't travel a whole lot, although it was nice the last flight that my DD carried it herself in her carry on.

Baylor

Before I came here each of my kids had one seat. Now they have way more than that, ;)

I never knew I had so many options before coming here. My kids all have back up seats now.

thekatie

Way back, when J1 was a baby/toddler, DH and I each had a seat in our cars, because we weren't a couple then and it was just easier for me to provide mine and him to provide his. It wasn't a back up, precisely, but it was still 2 seats for 1 kid. I was in school so J1 went to a variety of family and daycare as needed, and having another seat available helped (like, "oh, I have to make up this test, DH go get your son" - with no worries that I still had my seat).

With J2, I'm out of college and stay at home. He in no way needs a second seat... but I have 4 convertibles and want more :) Just the one seat would be fine, staying in my car all the time until such time as he goes to family for a sleepover, or DH needs to drive him somewhere.

katymyers

Well I currently own eight seats, up until very recently nine because we gave away one of the infant seats to a friend. I don't like taking the seats out of my car so it's nice to have extra seats I can just throw in Josh's car or my MIL's car or anyone else who might be transporting my kids. I have thought about selling a few but I've never really gotten around to it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC