• Keep the old seat

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Keep the new seat

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • List both options for sale & take the first bite

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Keeanh

I bought a $100 Monterey just for the cover. I was going to swap covers and sell the new seat with my old grey cover. Turns out I got one of the new Montereys with the stupid non-seatbelt-holding belt guides. BUT I love the position of the new guides. They put the belt a good 1/2" further onto the shoulder, and allow the kids' heads to be within the headrest, rather than the headrest up at their ears.

So do I keep my old seat (DOM Jan 2009) with the new cover? Or do I keep the new seat (DOM 2011) and deal with the guides and hope Diono comes out with better guides at some point that can be retrofitted?

ADS

Jan06twinmom

Which kid is riding in the Monterey? Which seat fits that kid better?

I just ordered an old style Monterey because I like how it fits my DS (about 52in and 65lbs at 6y11m). I know the new style Monterey fits smaller kids better, but my DS is built like a future linebacker and he needs the shoulder room.

Melanie

Keeanh

Which kid is riding in the Monterey? Which seat fits that kid better?

I just ordered an old style Monterey because I like how it fits my DS (about 52in and 65lbs at 6y11m). I know the new style Monterey fits smaller kids better, but my DS is built like a future linebacker and he needs the shoulder room.

Melanie

LOL, the boosters get swapped around among 3 kids, and will be passed down. I have one skinny guy, the others are average. The new one definitely fits better, but the old one is fine too. If the seatbelt would stay in the guide, I'd keep the new one for sure. I'm going to try the new one in other seating positions & vehicles tomorrow. But I'm leaning towards keeping the old seat with the new cover and pretending I never saw the new version :p.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC