Which cow??

robbertbobbert

Okay let's be honest right off the bat: I'm basically looking for the cheapest way to get a cow in my back seat.

I'm not 'officially' ISO anything, which is why this isn't in swap. I can't figure out what I want/need.

I honestly can't really tell the difference between all the Britax convertibles. They mostly all have the same weight ranges, right? One of them has headwings? I don't particularly care about headwings. I also have zero interest in the Advocate.

It seems like Britax has a bunch of the same seat on their website right now so I'm struggling to figure it out.

If I get either the Marathon or Roundabout Classic on clearance at Target and can somehow come up with a cow cover from swap or something, will it fit? I know those seats RF to 35 instead of 40, but I'm not too worried about that. There will be a RN in my life eventually.

ETA: Also, what is this Pavillion business?? Is this recent?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Pavilions are G3. The classics are the G1, the new ones the G2.

If you get a classic from Target, a G2 cover won't fit in any way shape or form. You'd need to get a classic cow.

Wendy

robbertbobbert

wendytthomas said:
Pavilions are G3. The classics are the G1, the new ones the G2.

If you get a classic from Target, a G2 cover won't fit in any way shape or form. You'd need to get a classic cow.

Wendy

Thanks! I'm guessing it's probably easiest to get a G2 one thats already cow, rather than trying to hunt a classic cow cover down.

What's the difference between the marathon and the boulevard? Just headwings?

robbertbobbert

Yup.

Wendy

ooohkay.

And what's the difference between the roundabout and the marathon. Does the MA have a no-rethread harness and the roundabout doesn't? Or is there more?

I know these are probably all super obvious questions but I'm just totally overwhelmed by all the options.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Roundabout (talking about G2 here, not the classics) has slots, no rethread. It's the Roundabout 55, so you can probably guess the forward facing weight limit versus the Marathon 70. :) The top slots are a hair lower than the "bigger" Britaxes' top harness height. Since there's no headrest, the seat could be outgrown sooner with the ears over the top rule. Installation is the same.

Wendy

S

SoCalCarSeatMama

If cow is what you want then I would head over to One Step Ahead's website and pick up a cow Marathon 70 for $203.90 shipped by using the code 50HOT.

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=538227&cmSource=Search

The cow covers tend to be hot commodities and go for a hefty price tag so by the time you bought a seat with a cover you don't want and hunted down the cow you did want, you'd probably end up spending more than what I pointed out above ^ ;)

robbertbobbert

If cow is what you want then I would head over to One Step Ahead's website and pick up a cow Marathon 70 for $203.90 shipped by using the code 50HOT.

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=538227&cmSource=Search

The cow covers tend to be hot commodities and go for a hefty price tag so by the time you bought a seat with a cover you don't want and hunted down the cow you did want, you'd probably end up spending more than what I pointed out above ^ ;)

Thanks so much for the tip!! I need to wait until at least July 10 to buy it, so that won't work this time around but I'll keep it in mind.

I got a new job and my first paycheck will more than cover July's bills, so I'm buying a new seat to celebrate. Yeah, I know I'm weird.

Jessica61624

robbertbobbert said:
Thanks so much for the tip!! I need to wait until at least July 10 to buy it, so that won't work this time around but I'll keep it in mind.

I got a new job and my first paycheck will more than cover July's bills, so I'm buying a new seat to celebrate. Yeah, I know I'm weird.

You're crazy! I say get a cow frontier. I didn't love my cow ma70 I HAD to have.

robbertbobbert

Jessica61624 said:
You're crazy! I say get a cow frontier. I didn't love my cow ma70 I HAD to have.

Why would you go and say a thing like that!? Now I want a cow frontier too! I DO actually NEED a convertible soonish and I really *want* cow.

Maybe I'll just end up with a giant dairy farm of a back seat.

Irishmama

Maybe I'll just end up with a giant dairy farm of a back seat.

My vehicles would be all cow if my children didn't have to go and have opinions of their own. :rolleyes: ;) At least I still have some influence over the 4 yo, but I know my time is limited. Get the cow while you still can! Was that enabling enough? :D

jmenole

arly1983

I love cow! I have a cowmoo OSPW and I already have the classic seats so I have been watching for some cow there, LOL.

robbertbobbert

irishmama3 said:
My vehicles would be all cow if my children didn't have to go and have opinions of their own. :rolleyes: ;) At least I still have some influence over the 4 yo, but I know my time is limited. Get the cow while you still can! Was that enabling enough? :D

Yes! Keep the enabling coming!

I just decided I need a 3 across of a cow MA, licorice CCO and a cow frontier.

christineka

I'll make it happen! Too bad our cow seats here don't have the ears and horns like some other countries.

A crafty person could add them to a seat with a movable headrest.

The least expensive would be to get the classic MA and then be patient for a cow cover to pop up. A fair price for the classic cow cover is $40-50 shipped.

You could get the frontier as cow instead. Or both. I bought a classic marathon for the sole purpose of owning a cow seat. When I sold it, I changed my frontier to cow. I feel like one cow is enough for my vehicle, but I like color too and variety.

robbertbobbert

A crafty person could add them to a seat with a movable headrest.

The least expensive would be to get the classic MA and then be patient for a cow cover to pop up. A fair price for the classic cow cover is $40-50 shipped.

You could get the frontier as cow instead. Or both. I bought a classic marathon for the sole purpose of owning a cow seat. When I sold it, I changed my frontier to cow. I feel like one cow is enough for my vehicle, but I like color too and variety.

Oooh I could totally add them! I don't know why I didn't think of that. I may just have to do that.

I'm okay with having two cow seats, especially since one of them will be RF, so I won't see all that much of it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC