Which carseat leaves the least dents in seat

Jumanji

Which Canadain seats have the flatest back and are least likely to leave weird dents...especially on leather seats? I currently have a Radian and it's fairly flat on the bottom. The only problem I've had with it is the latch comes down so vertically in the back that it pushes on the seat quite a bit where it connects.

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
You could always install it with a seatbelt. That would remove the dents on the seats being caused by where the LATCH connectors and strap are pressing in to the seat.

I would expect that the dents from where the connectors are pressing right now are going to come out anyways, but if that's your concern, most connectors are going to cause the same thing.

As for your original question, the TF is also very flat on the bottom. If you use the lower anchors though, you'll likely end up with the same type of problem. So I'd suggest just trying the seatbelt with the Radian, and if that doesn't work, consider a different seat then. :thumbsup:

eta: I believe the EFTA is pretty flat on the bottom as well, but I don't think it's completely solid underneath so could leave ridges from the edge of the base. The MA definitely will leave indents and the 3in1's aren't any better.

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Seats usually pop back up, although you can see a little bit of stretching with leather...usually at the bottom, and not at the back though--since if your seat is properly installed most of the pressure will be towards the bottom cushion and not so much towards the back, IME. The Radian is probably one of the seats I would say cuts into the leather the least--most seats have some sharper angles on them as compared to the Radian. I usually see a square on the bottom of my seats for a few hours after having a Marathon installed.. I suppose the Frontier doesn't cut into the leather that much, since I've never seen pressure marks on my seats after uninstalling it.

Vehicle manufacturers do sell replacement seat leather for individual seats, so if you do end up with some stretching and would like to replace that leather, you can do so. I personally have never experienced problems with leather stretch in my vehicles--and even from 1997-2000 when I had a Jetta GLX with the tightly pulled leather, after 3 years there was NO damage from my two seats--one of which was an old Cosco HBB with two sharp points on the bottom. I don't even think twice about the leather in my Odyssey Touring, and it's my "dream" van.

-Nicole.

Jumanji

I haven't tried seat belt install. Will give that a try. So far the dents have always come out but I worry because when we bought the car it had dents that never quite came out. It sat on the lot for a while with the rear seats folded down and the seat belt stalks left dents. The dealer replaced the arm rest which was the worst but I worry that the car seat will do the same. I don't have my daughters seat in there often but likely will in the summer when my husband takes my van to go mountain biking.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoasMama

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Maxi Cosi is a proud sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2021 Carseat Media LLC