Which carseat is best?

M

Mom2Jared

Which carseat is best?

It is so frustrating needing a new carseat right now. I have a new car with LATCH but the new carseats won't be out until the Fall. I know this it a tough question to answer, but this is what I want:

LATCH-equipped (I don't want a kit to intsall)
Safest available
Easy to use

Is the Britax Expressway a good choice? I hear the HUGS harness can be difficult to use. I don't even know what HUGS is!?! I don't mind that IF it is the safest available. My son is 30lb and 33 inches.

I also need a convertible LATCH seat for an infant who is growing out of his infant seat (18 lb, 27 inches). I don't have a KMart in my town. Is there any place I can still get a Costco Triad? I haven't liked what I have read about the Safety First Forerunner.

I currently have the Fisher Price Safe Embrace. I wish I had known enough to buy the FPSE II's when they were available!! I understand that the FPSE has a special plastic/foam that makes it very safe. Are there other carseats similarly made? I guess what I really want is a carseat as good as the FPSE but has the LATCH system.

Can you help??

ADS
C

Caviller

Only a little help....

First, if you haven't seen it, please check out our LATCH information with current LATCH models and kit compatibility:

www.car-safety.org/latch.html

The Expressway is a nice model. I have not used one, but they do have replacement harnesses available for some people who didn't like the original ones. See this earlier thread:

pub59.ezboard.com/fcarsaf...=172.topic

Unfortunately, the Forerunner is basically a Cosco Touriva with a Cosco LATCH kit included. The Touriva is a safe carseat, but as a budget model it does lack some features of higher-priced models. On the other hand, it fits well in many vehicles, has a narrow base, and has a 35-pound rear-facing limit. I've only seen the Triad at Kmarts, but it's possible other retailers carried it.

As for the foam in your FPSE, the Britax Roundabout/Advantage and Evenflo Triumph also have this feature. The Triumph can be used with the Evenflo LATCH kit.

New models will be introduced as the September, 2002 deadline approaches. Even so, I suspect many will meet the requirement by simply including a LATCH kit with an existing model carseat.

Good luck with your purchase!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC