Where to buy Graco Nautilus? B&M Stores?

rcronin

Hi there,

I'm wondering what stores have the Graco Nautilus. I do NOT shop at Walmart, so I'm looking for another store. I'd love to see it in person so my DD can sit in it and give it the thumbs up. :) Boy would she like a girly color!!! :(

I live in CT, BTW.

If there aren't any stores that would have it, what are the best places online to get it? Again, not Walmart, thank you. :)

Thanks all.

Becky

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Try Baby Depot, which is at Burlington Coat Factory. Online you can see if amazon has them in stock, if not try babyage.com and albeebaby.com, as well as babydepot.com.

Wendy

Mom2One+One

All the pp's suggested great choices. I have heard though, that amazon is charging almost double for what it goes for at walmart.

vonfirmath

That is because the Amazon Nautilus is not being SOLD by Amazon, but by Toyzz. There is a lot of speculation that that "retailer" is someone going to the store, buying the product ordered, and then sending it to whoever ordered it from them. and thus why their prices are sky high. I would not give any business to Toyzz, myself -- esp if you have philosophical problems with Wal-mart. They may be getting their stock there.

houseofboys

We just bought one at Fred Meyer, but I don't know if you have them in CT? If you don't have Fred Meyer or Baby Depot, you can always go into Walmart (which, I admit, is sometimes painful to do) just to check out the seat IRL. Then you can order it online - Wendy has some good sites to check out.

Holly

Someone told me that Smiths Marketplace has them right now for $139.99 but I don't know if Smiths is just a Utah thing or not.

rcronin

Thanks everyone. I hadn't thought about going to Walmart to at least try the seat out. Then I would buy it else where. And it WILL be hard to go into Walmart - man that place is brutal with kids, lol!

It seems this seat is on fire! Almost all the places that were mentioned above don't have it listed or it is out of stock. That is ok, it looks like my DD is not quite grown out of her seat. She is at the top slots of her Marathon. Geez, I love that seat. I would get a Regent, but I can't justify it when it doesn't even have the built in lock offs. Those are the bomb! :) They are probably 80% of what I love about that seat. Plus the Regent would be a tough fit in my car. I have a another FF seat in the middle of my 300E Mercedes Sedan.

BTW, is there a place on this forum to list your car, the seats you have and how they fit/work? Or does everyone just go to (Carseat Data website closed - link broken)?

And I just found the shopping deals/bargains section. Should I have put this thread in there..?

Thanks again!

ali's mom

That is because the Amazon Nautilus is not being SOLD by Amazon, but by Toyzz. There is a lot of speculation that that "retailer" is someone going to the store, buying the product ordered, and then sending it to whoever ordered it from them. and thus why their prices are sky high. I would not give any business to Toyzz, myself -- esp if you have philosophical problems with Wal-mart. They may be getting their stock there.

Amazon is selling the Nautilus, they are just out of stock. I bought one direct from Amazon 2 weeks ago for normal price.

vonfirmath

Amazon is selling the Nautilus, they are just out of stock. I bought one direct from Amazon 2 weeks ago for normal price.

The $299 nautilus mentioned is not being sold by amazon. It is being sold by Toyzz on Amazon. The bad thing is when you search for Nautilus on amazon, the ONLY car seat that comes up is the $299 seat. Then you click on that seat and find there is also one for sale (when it is in stock) from amazon itself.

mish

I just want to make sure you know the Nautilus doesn't have lock-offs. You mentioned that that is why you weren't buying the Regent, so I thought I should mention it. It is really easy to install though. I have put it in several vehicles with no problem.

rcronin

I just want to make sure you know the Nautilus doesn't have lock-offs. You mentioned that that is why you weren't buying the Regent, so I thought I should mention it. It is really easy to install though. I have put it in several vehicles with no problem.

thanks. I assumed that it didn't have lock-offs. But for the price, I wouldn't expect that. I thought the lock-offs are a Britax "monopoly". What's the word I'm looking for there?

I might actually get two of the Nautilus's. I have to go out of state, via a plane ride for 6 weeks in May/June. I could use these for that trip. I really don't want them checked with the luggage. I afraid of what will happen to them. Yikes. Could be worse then them being in a MVA! :eek:

Any one have advice for checking carseats? BTW, I have taken carseats on a plane before, but I don't think I will do that again. I have a layover and it was horrible last time...carrying them and the kids around the airport, in the bathroom, etc. LOL!

oldmama

nautilus fit in plane?

does anyone know how the nautilus fits in a plane? My daughter is 43" tall but 38 lbs, so it seems my ONLY option is the Nautilus (too tall for Cares Harness, too tall for all our seats except Regent, and too light to sit w/o restraint)

U

Unregistered

We just bought one at Fred Meyer, but I don't know if you have them in CT? If you don't have Fred Meyer or Baby Depot, you can always go into Walmart (which, I admit, is sometimes painful to do) just to check out the seat IRL. Then you can order it online - Wendy has some good sites to check out.

I live in Vancouver, WA. Where do you live and which Fred Meyer had the car seats? I called around to my local Fred Meyer and they don't carry it.

Thanks for your help.

houseofboys

I got mine in Lacey (near Olympia.) They had five when I bought mine. When I went in again a few days ago they only had one. It's probably hit & miss, just like with Walmart?

U

Unregistered

Babie R Us carries them too but in a lighter grey color. We got ours at Walmart and had to wait for a shipment to come in. Everyone else was sold out.

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Not sure where you are in CT but the Babies R Us in Milford on the Post Rd does have a Nautilus display seat that you can play with, try out in your car, etc. I was just there a week or so ago. They don't have any in stock to purchase, I just called to see if they'd gotten any in and they said no. Maybe Monday.

And it's back in stock at Amazon for $150, free shipping.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0011URFRE/?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC