When does that 50lb rf cosco seat come out?

griffinej5

I know I've seen mentions of such a seat to be coming out in spring, but now I can't find it. It does exist, right?
I went to target this morning, and my car was hit in the parking lot. Luckily, she left her info and it's going through her insurance. I had a sure ride installed in my car. I don't use it often, and could get by without something. My sister gave it to me to use so I don't have to uninstall from my moms car to take one of my nieces somewhere. I could go back to uninstalling from my moms car for some time if there is a possibility of this seat fitting somewhere that we might use it. The oldest niece is 4 years old and about 34.5 lbs. I want the seat, but wouldn't have bought it otherwise since between my two nieces, the 4 year old and an 18 month old , there were 4 seats all not expiring before the younger one would be 6-7 years old (ones from my moms car were replaced last fall because she got rear ended).
But, now that I have an excuse to buy something new, I'm thinking about it. How long might I be waiting if I do? I'm figuring I could take the money I get from the sure ride depending upon how their company does it, and use it toward the new seat. I know when we replaced the other two seats, we had to buy and get reimbursed. I'm supposing I could buy, leave in the box, and then return it if I had to.

ADS

lgenne

Yes, April. Note that a seat with that name is available but it only RFs to 40 lb 40". The higher weight/height limits will be a different version.

griffinej5

Hey, I was close. It's Dorel. The kids only go with me maybe once a week, once every other week. If it doesn't get delayed, it seems to be a doable wait. I only actually had a seat for my car because my sister didn't like the sure ride, and replaced it with a graco, so I got that one to keep in my car. If I were at fault, I probably wouldn't even bother to claim it.

griffinej5

I ended up buying the BRU version of the graco clone. I just like it so much, and it's so easy to change it because my potential passengers are a rf 4 year old and an 18 month old. They're both so tiny they should be able to rf till 4.5-5 years olds in it. Unless of course I decide to return it and wait, but I wasn't sure about whether something that only had a FB announcement would actually appear on time.
This was probably also one of the more interesting transactions for the clerk at BRU. The person at fault has Travellers, who are pretty good about this. They just wanted photos with cut straps, and a receipt for the new seat. They said I had to buy a similar seat of the same brand. So, I bought another Sure Ride in the store, and had to ask that they not give me the coupon. Then I returned it and got the money back to put towards the graco seat. I used the crashed one for the trade in, so I ended up only putting out $37 to get the graco. I'm really shocked they didn't argue with me about replacing a seat in a parked car. Go Travellers! Of course, the nearest body shop they deal with is 30 minutes away as opposed to my insurance using one maybe 5 minutes away, but oh well.

Dillipop

I ended up buying the BRU version of the graco clone. I just like it so much, and it's so easy to change it because my potential passengers are a rf 4 year old and an 18 month old. They're both so tiny they should be able to rf till 4.5-5 years olds in it. Unless of course I decide to return it and wait, but I wasn't sure about whether something that only had a FB announcement would actually appear on time. This was probably also one of the more interesting transactions for the clerk at BRU. The person at fault has Travellers, who are pretty good about this. They just wanted photos with cut straps, and a receipt for the new seat. They said I had to buy a similar seat of the same brand. So, I bought another Sure Ride in the store, and had to ask that they not give me the coupon. Then I returned it and got the money back to put towards the graco seat. I used the crashed one for the trade in, so I ended up only putting out $37 to get the graco. I'm really shocked they didn't argue with me about replacing a seat in a parked car. Go Travellers! Of course, the nearest body shop they deal with is 30 minutes away as opposed to my insurance using one maybe 5 minutes away, but oh well.

By law, insurance companies have to let you use whatever body shop you want to use. Pretty sure that is nationwide, though I imagine most states have it on the books for insurance regulations. Check into it if you want to use someone else.

griffinej5

I believe I can, but it would be more of a hassle. If I use someone else, then they'll have to send an adjuster out, which means I have to sit around and wait for them. That means a time window. I'd rather just go at a scheduled time. I also haven't lived in this town long enough to know any particular shop. I've only lived here 6 months. I think my moms car was at the local shop that our insurance uses. It's owned by a large car dealership, so nothing thrilling about it, except maybe the ability to walk back to my house from there (but not really since it involves crossing a highway).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pcarter

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC