When did your big kid outgrow the Radian?

ADS

scoutingbear

C outgrew the radian by weight for RF at 25 months (33 pound limit, before changes). He would not have been able to go RF in it even after the weight limit changed to 35 pounds since he weighed too much by then as well. He outgrew it FF at almost 5 years (straps above shoulders. I was not comfortable with the 1" over the top slots)

mumof2

my 4 year old outgrew it RF around 4 years 3 months in weight and probably height well she was around 43lbs but is closer to 45lbs

she still has a long way to go FF she turns 5 in November. she seems to be all legs 44" tall

jeminijad

My 3.5 year old just outgrew it. Well, she is right at 1" from the shell, so she'll outgrow it within a month.

42" tall, what gets her is her head is strangely tall. She has her father's long head shape.

aept

My middle son outgrew our Radian 65 by weight at about 2 years 3 months. He was 35 lbs. Ours is too old to be retroactively approved to 40 lbs. Actually we were lucky to get 35 as our stickers said 33lbs. We recently got a Radian RXT (intended for the baby actually) but I re-RF'ed the now-4-year old middle son in it in the Prius. He is 4 years and 2 months old, 41 lbs and 40.5 inches and still fits.
Too bad we didn't have a 40 or 45 lb RF limit seat until recently. Both of my older boys turned FF shortly after 2 years.

My 5-year and 11-month son still fits FF in a Radian 65 with shoulders at or ever so slightly above the top slots. (Allowed by the Radian only.) He does not fit comfortably in the RXT due to the headwings. He is 48" tall and 52 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC