What's your personal minimum for rear-facing?

Your personal minimum for rear facing?

Votes: 17 12.2%
  • 2.5-3

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • 3.5-4

Votes: 30 21.6%
  • 4+

Votes: 24 17.3%
  • I like ice cream

Votes: 12 8.6%

• Total voters
ADS

Cattitude

3 and we surpassed it a little. DS is almost 3 1/2 and we just turned him due to weight. It got really cold here in the last couple of days and I knew the heavier clothes would do us in. We were right on the edge of 45 lbs so it had to be done.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
4 is my minimum, but depending on circumstances I wouldn't sweat a few months before. And, well, I may not be ready to turn at 4 after our crash. :eek:

libranbutterfly

I picked at least 2.5-3. Kamille re-RF and made it to 2 yr 11 months, in a classic marathon. Lexi outgrew the same seat at 2 yr 3 months by weight, and at the time there was nothing with a higher limit. This one will probably RF til 4 in my car, but will probably be allowed to FF in other peoples cars by 3. I live in an area where Rf until 1 is rare, and no one else in my day to day life understands. So, after awhile, I will most likely allow FF sometimes, or become a reclusive grouch.

Angela

I'm with others in that it depends on the kiddo. I put minimum of 2.5-3, but if I can make it past that, GREAT! When talking to parents though, I push for 2. If they make it until than, I don't sweat it.

mrosehughes

I put 4+, since I'd prefer to turn DS at 4. However, I'm a bit nervous that he won't make it to four RFing in his radian, and I don't think we can afford to import.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lola garcia

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Maxi Cosi is a proud sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2021 Carseat Media LLC