What's next?

nmclean29

Short story....

We got a Nautilus from a family member at my baby shower in Sept 2009. DS didn't use it until he was 3 (Nov 2012). It expires at the end of this year.

DS will be 6 in Nov., weighs 38 lbs, 44" tall.

I have Britax Pioneer in my car and the Nautilus is in DH's car. DH does most of the longer distance driving - he takes and picks up from school right now and next year, he will take the bus and I will pick him up at school which is 5 minutes from our house.

Should I get another combination seat, or will a booster at this point be ok? Any recommendations? He will likely be in this seat for a long time...he's my peanut :)

ADS

Brianna

At his age and size, a booster is a good choice. You know him best- will he sit in place and leave the seat belt alone in a booster? You can try him in a booster now- at his size though the Nautilus might not give him the best seat belt fit as a booster. Feel free to post pics of him in a booster for feedback on how well it fits him. Starting him in a booster now will give you time to find out if he is ready, or if he needs more time in a harness before his expires.

Also, I think the Nautilus can be used as a booster after the harness portion expires? Hopefully someone else will verify that for you.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I think it's just the backless portion of the Nautilus that has the +3 years.

The rest of Brianna's post is spot on! :)

sm1982

Also, I think the Nautilus can be used as a booster after the harness portion expires? Hopefully someone else will verify that for you.

The bottom portion is good for nine years, but the back (on older models) expires with the harness.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC