Question what would you do?

aetj115

Ds3 ia rf in a mr. He is 3y10mo. Every year we do a drive thru christmas lights. Last year I kept him rf and a couple times he complained cause he couldnt see. I'm thinking of turning him for the light ride. Thoughts?

ADS

tam_shops

I wouldn't have a problem turning him, but wonder if he's *actually* going to see any better. Unless he's going FF middle and can see out the front. Either way, might not be a bad idea to try it out before the big night, it'd be a shame to turn him and discover he could see less.

A friend just bought a new car and one of her *requirements* was that the windows be below a certain height b/c her ODS constantly complains that he can not see in his GPs car (same as mine) and she came up w/ a joking theory that one of the reasons my guys prefer ERF is b/c they can't see out my side windows (Toyota Matrix the windows really are high) that they at least could see out the back. And, since they'd *know* the difference, they wouldn't even know to complain that they couldn't see! LOL

tam

lovemybabybug

I wouldn't think twice about it. I was thinking about doing the same but my dd is only 25 months. I thinking I will have both the MR and the Scenera in the car, so she can take the drive RF in the MR and when get to the place I will put her FF in the Scenera. The lights are in a closed course, so no crazy cars speeding or anything.

AtTheSouthDam

What do you drive and will he be able to see better?
Last year DD2 wanted to be RF so she could the lights better in DH's civic. With the rear windshield she got a better view than anyone else. This works in minivan's and sedans if the seat sits up high enough (MR in my van, RN in DH's civic, in this case).
I have no problems with FF at his age, at all. Just wondering if he'll actually see :)

moonmommy

Senior Community Member
I'm thinking of installing one of my seats FF in the front seat just for 3y 9m son to see the holiday lights.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC