What seat would you pick if....

gigi

I don't understand how so many kids here outgrow the blvd so early, it is only like 1" shorter than the Radian. My giant torso and headed son had at least 1" to grow when he hit the weight limit at 3 years old in his old style boulevard.

ADS

Stelvis

gigi said:
I don't understand how so many kids here outgrow the blvd so early, it is only like 1" shorter than the Radian. My giant torso and headed son had at least 1" to grow when he hit the weight limit at 3 years old in his old style boulevard.

The old style Boulevard was taller. DS outgrew the new gen Britax RF by about 2 years and 3 months. DD is even longer torsoed than he was. DS has totally outgrown the BLVD FF too.

gigi

The new Boulevard is still only 1" shorter than the Radian, though. It isn't the tiny seat it is made out to be. I completely understand having a long torso kid, because I had one, but most kids will fit in the Boulevard a very long time (far longer than most people in the wild rear face). The leg room makes it tight, but as far as torsos go it isn't exactly a comfort sport LOL :) :)

Even my kid that outgrew the Diplomat at like 18 months would probably have made it to 3-3.5 in the new style Britax. He had 15-16" torso at 2.5 and still fits in the new Boulevard FF now at 5.5 and probably 16.5 torso...he has grown almost all in the legs since 3.

T4K

Our RA55 is not too short for my average to small 2 year old, just a little tight. The seat backs in this particular vehicle have ZERO contour and are very unforgiving with leg room. Other than that. I have a lot of love for the seat.

Stelvis

Yeah, it's only about 1" shorter than the Radian, but that last 1" of torso usually happens more slowly than the inches leading up to it. So that last inch can be another year. At any rate, DS would be too tall to RF in a Radian now, too. I suspect he'd fit by height in the TFP, but of course he's over the weight limit anyway.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Another vote for the MyRide. It is my very favorite -- right now the 2.5yo is using it, and once his baby sis is a few months old, she'll go into the MyRide and he'll move to the Radian. That said, I have an old style buckle... which to me, makes a big difference. (And a cover I adore.) If I was going to end up with new style, my vote might change. If my kid had short legs, I would also look at the Size4Me/MySize.

Kel

Thanks everyone. It looks like a lot of you like the Britax and the My ride 65.

Do you think a BLVD would be more padded than say a My ride with the "cuddle" cover? I keep thinking that while I really liked our MR, that it wasn't very padded once the infant insert came out? I can't remember now?

I know the MR has more leg room, but that wont be an issue with her, lol!

Kelley

SeattleRain

I have a smallish kid who just outgrew the CCO this summer at 2. We have a MA70 and a MR70 and he has at least 3 more inches in both (+ or - a half an inch or so) and he's almost 2.5. At this age, I'm confident he'll get to 4 in either seat or dang near close to it. I love my Britax because of how easy it is to install and I regret not getting another one for my other car because I hate the buckle on the MR. My husband LOVES the MR though because it has cupholders, so what do I know?

That said, I recently installed a RA55 in either my parents' 2005 Honda CRV or 1996 Volvo (I can't remember which one, but they were both pretty bad) and it had NO legroom. Like, none. If that was my car, there is no way I would find a Britax as great of an option, not that the kid complained. I must be lucky in the slope of my seats that I eek out every bit of legroom.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC