What next? RF convertible in Odyssey +1

lgenne

I just saw on another thread that Dorel is now saying that the Scenera NEXT tests poorly with the harness pads THEY SENT ME FOR IT AND DIDN'T NOTIFY ME ABOUT THE CHANGE (!!!). DH doesn't like the continuous harness, and it's in his vehicle.

I think I've ruled out the S1 EX. No available harness pads, and still just the one color I don't like. Plus I'm annoyed with Dorel.

So...Fllo? There are no brick & mortar stores within 100 miles of me that carry it. I assume I'll like it, since everyone does. But I hate to drop so much cash on something I've never seen IRL, much less played with.

My only other thought is a Milestone. Which (a) I don't think anyone has posted here about trying in the +1, so who knows if it'll even work there, and (b) it maxes out at 40 lbs. DS3 is bigger than DS1, who hit 40 lbs around 2.5. It was one thing to plan on something else in less than 2 years when we were using a Scenera NEXT in the interim; a Milestone might be worth it if we loved it, but not if nothing better comes out in the meantime and we end up getting a Fllo anyway.

So I guess I'm saying that you all should talk me into a Fllo. And make me less indecisive about which pattern to get. (Neither Julius Junior pattern, and not hot pink. Everything else is a possibility.)

ADS

jwilliams

Well, I'm certainly not going to talk you out of a Fllo. I also had to buy one blind, since I wasn't going to drive over three hours to find one!

Mine is Thunder. It's a really cool sort of variegated light gray. The seat seemed SO hard out of the box, and the fabric seemed a bit rough, but the kid loves it. I nearly got a Tokidoki print but I just couldn't commit to seeing it for the next four years.

I love that the harness and the headrest are independent - very customizable. And the harness adjuster is like butter, so smooth. I hate hard to adjust seats.

Dillipop

Hm. AlbeeBaby has the Drift color on sale for $299.99. I'm going to sleep on it.

Just remember that drift is not the same fabric as the others. The others are made of a Crypton fabric that resists stains and is super easy to clean. Drift just has regular fabric. Owning a foonf with Crypton, let me tell you how worth it it is! Wet washcloth is all that has ever been needed to get stains off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seb3244

Just remember that drift is not the same fabric as the others. The others are made of a Crypton fabric that resists stains and is super easy to clean. Drift just has regular fabric. Owning a foonf with Crypton, let me tell you how worth it it is! Wet washcloth is all that has ever been needed to get stains off! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for this info!! I never knew this and am in the market for a fllo :)

bnsnyde

Yep, you should get a Fllo, lol.

We have one and love it. Ours is outboard though.

I read in various threads it fits well middle in this van, though.

We got the blue one. In fact, it tested as one of the least toxic carseats in the latest report for chemicals (the blue one), for what that's worth. Just made me happy I bought it, among other reasons.

You do have to do a bit of "assembly" and read the directions very well.

The harness adjustor is AWESOME and smooth. All I could ask for!

Crotch strap seems tight. Child was still 1 when we got it a month ago or so. But there is a way to make it longer, I think. I didn't do that (yet) since I was maxed out with adjusting things and just installed it finally. At some point, we'll need to make it longer I guess.

It's the perfect husband seat since he actually can use it VERY easily. But I did not tell him the price. (Oh, and I find that I need to pull it super tight. This is not hard at all though. Maybe I was just not doing it tight enough at first, but it always seemed more lose when I came to take the child out). So now, to be safe, I go all out. Sometimes she says "owww!" and then I guess it's a little too tight. Trial and error to get it perfect.

bnsnyde

I did read in another thread that the seat (Scenera NEXT) didn't pass the tests with the harness pads on.

Is that common for seats? I was afraid reading that. If mere harness pads cause the seat to fail tests? And these are, I assume, not crazy weird harness pads. Just...it seemed bad. Huh? A seat goes to market but hasn't been tested to pass with the harness pads on or something?

MOST of my RF seats I can't use the harness pads b/c I can't get the harness on right (it'll slip down the shoulder too much). It's like material there is a bad thing. Or it gets stuck by the child's ear or makes it hard to tighten, etc. I pretty much hate them. No problems on the Fllo though, with some minor moving them a bit as I adjust.

For our Graco 40, they are just...not doable with the newborn.

1mommy

I've been eyeing up a fllo too, for DS2, I was thinking either the Ink (dark blue) or Julius zoom.

Cnidaria

Dooooo iiiiiiiitttt! We're loving our Fllo. Zoom Julius is the antidote to the boring carseat!

The Tokidoki ones are a bit too . . . seizure-inducing for me too.

The harness is super smooth, so smooth that it's actually really easy to overtighten, and our little guy routinely signs "ouch!" when we tighten the harness.

The crotch buckle has two positions and two lengths, with 3 possible configurations (you aren't allowed to use the longer length in the closer position).

bnsnyde

Yes, I overtighten the Fllo and hear ouch a lot! So happy it tightens well!! My other seats were difficult.

lgenne

Ok, I'm like 90% ready to go for the Fllo. Where to buy? I don't think I want to buy direct from Clek and deal with international shipping. Everywhere seems to have nearly identical prices and free shipping; free returns and available colors vary. I'd be ok with no free returns if I could return it to a brick & mortar store for free, but the only option like that is BBB, as far as I know, and they don't have any locations around here.

And I think I'm going with a boring color. No Julius Junior (he's been banned from the house--long story) and I don't think I'm willing to pay $50 extra for Tokidoki rebel. Ink or tank or shadow, probably, because the other boring colors are $20 more and I'm not in love with any of them.

Cnidaria

Lucie got one on Zulily, if you don't need it right away and could hang out waiting until (if??) it comes up there again. Your guy and her guy could have matching carseats :-D (they have one of the Tokidoki ones).

Though come to think of it, hers is a Foonf. There are also the clearance Foonfs on the Clek website. There probably aren't any Fllos to clearance, huh.

Dillipop

I bought my foonf directly from clek and I think it shipped from the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lgenne

Lucie got one on Zulily, if you don't need it right away and could hang out waiting until (if??) it comes up there again. Your guy and her guy could have matching carseats :-D (they have one of the Tokidoki ones).

Though come to think of it, hers is a Foonf. There are also the clearance Foonfs on the Clek website. There probably aren't any Fllos to clearance, huh.

Yeah, I love the IDEA of Tokidoki Rebel, but I might love the day to day reality less. And I don't love it $50. And I really want a Fllo, not a Foonf.

lgenne

No flamingo. I buy pink stuff for my boys, and the older 2 fight over the pink bowls, and the pink dance ribbon is a favorite toy right now, but I don't think I can make that kind of commitment to pink.

Oops, posted too soon.

So, ink or shadow? Interior of the Ody is light gray. It'll be next to a dark gray Radian initially.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC