Votes: 4 3.4%
  • FR or GN as booster/Other HBB

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • LBB

Votes: 8 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MommyShannon

DD is 6.5 and has been riding in her GN as a booster several months. Yesterday when the new FR85 arrived she chose to use the harness which she has about 1.5" left in. I really like the GN as a first booster for her. We have a TB too, but it's just a backup. The belt guide is great on the GN. It fits her well, can be LATCHed, has deep sides so she stays in position, has arm rests but the belts aren't routed under them, and the rigid back doesn't move as she pulls the belt to buckle. I can see where the height could be an issue for some kids to buckle it though. I haven't tried the FR in booster yet. I just go with whichever is more convenient now. She has to move outboard soon to a spot without LATCH so the longer she is harnessed, I won't have to worry about securing a booster. All spots have TT so no difference in safety there.

ADS

msg221

For my 3 across when I have Nour & Zain's cousin Ziad, who is 6, a TB. In Nour & Zain's mom's Sienna, a Monterey. We borrowed her Sienna on Sunday so we could take Zain and Ziad to the amusement park (Nour was sick) and I kept an eye on Ziad and how he was sitting in the booster, and thankfully he does very well. Given that car seats are non-existent in Egypt, where he is from, he is doing great! And I love the headwings on the Monterey; he was getting tired and could easily rest his head on the wings!

mommyx4

I voted and shouldn't have; my dd is 7. She rides in a Regent; I voted Frontier. She is a very small 7 year old who still sleeps in the car a lot.

emntheboys

DS1 is in a HB Turbo in our truck and a Vivo in our Explorer. His stats are in my siggy. He's in 1st grade now & most of the kids his age hop out of the front seats of their parent's car at morning drop off. :thumbsdown:

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Please note that the thread has been edited to remove swap discussion. Feel free to start a new thread in the swap forum. :thumbsup:

henrietta

Well, I missed that it was a multiple choice...so I'm adding that he also rides in a no back booster (Harmony) occasionally and a Fisher Price Safe Voyage booster that expires this summer and will be replaced by IDK-what-yet (whatever it is, it will be blue...of that, I'm sure! LOL)

henrietta

henrietta

Thanks.

I'm starting to feel bad about having DS still harnessed. He doesn't seem to mind and he's tiny (35# and 44") and slightly wiggly. I wonder if I really need to work on training him or just leave well-enough alone for now. I keep waiting for a growth spurt and I had said after the winter... Plus I want to try him in boosters that I don't own or have easy access to without buying them:)

I own 2 SGLs and a Cybex. SGL doesn't retract in DH's car (huge issue because DH tends not to pay attention to these sorts of things) but he fits well in it. Cybex fit I just wasn't big on. However, the cybex fit my 3 yr old well:eek:
I want to try a turbo and a monterey.

If he's comfortable riding in his Frontiers, then I wouldn't worry a bit about keeping him harnessed. He is very thin, much thinner than my same height ds. He will fit better in the boosters when he fills out a little bit. He's not unsafe being harnessed, and at that age/size, he's not more safe being boostered. I'd leave well enough alone for day to day, but I would consider booster training him. I'd try the Harmony high back, Graco Turbo high back, or REcaro Vivo.

hths

henrietta

ginny4

i voted even tho he won't be 6 til june. close enough i think. anyway

he rides in a regent in the main van & a HB turbo in the other.

when he turns 6 officially i planned to move him to a monterey HBB but its not set in stone on date nor actual booster. i mean who knows if i think he's really ready for full time or that the new diono monterey is gonna work in our van. its a wait & see

monstah

My DS is 6 y 64 pounds and he uses an Oobr in my car and a HB Turbo in my DH's car. He's at the top setting of the Turbo though so he will be moving into a lite rider shortly to make buckling the three across easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
My will-be-6-in-a-month (answer won't change by then) is in a Frontier harnessed in our car, and variously in a Turbo high-back, Oobr (back on) or RSTV in other cars. There was no option for a vest so I voted "other harness" for that. She's 52 lbs.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Voted regarding 6yo DN.

In the four cars in which she rides on a regular basis:
~ Britax Regent
~ Graco Nautilus
~ Graco Nautilus
~ Graco Nautilus OR Sunshine Kids Radian

ElfJewel

Jamie turned 6 yesterday and weighs about 38 lbs. She is in a Maestro with me, HBTB with anyone who comes to the house to get her, literider or RF Radian with DH (depending on who is with him), and we just got her a literider to keep in my trunk if she needs to go with someone while we are out (we told her she could start doing this when she turned 6).

twinsmom

Both kids are 6, will be 7 in May. Both are about 50lbs and 50" tall.

In my car: Montereys (Katie's is purple:love:)
In DH's car: Maxi Cosi Rodi XRs

::er!ca::

90% of the time she's in an SGL. 10% of the time she's harnessed in a GN. The deciding factor is the length of our drive. If we go out of town, she is harnessed.

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor
DD will be 7 in a month. She is around 35 pounds and 44 inches. She rides in a Nautilus harnessed in my van, a Frontier harnessed in DS's car, and a TurboBooster in DH's car.

DS is 6 1/2. He is around 35 pounds and 46 inches. He rides in a Nautilus harnessed in my van, an Evenflo Chase in DS's car, and a Marathon (almost outgrown) or a Turbobooster in DH's car. I need to get another booster for DH's car for him.

mcomommy

My oldest just turned 7 but she has been riding in a Recaro Vivo since right before her 6th birthday (when she outgrew the Nautilus).

DD2 is shorter than DD1 and is still not on the top slot of the Nautilus so I although she is five and a half I am pretty sure she will spend her entire 6th year in the Nautilus harnessed.

Keeanh

Thanks.

I'm starting to feel bad about having DS still harnessed. He doesn't seem to mind and he's tiny (35# and 44") and slightly wiggly. I wonder if I really need to work on training him or just leave well-enough alone for now. I keep waiting for a growth spurt and I had said after the winter... Plus I want to try him in boosters that I don't own or have easy access to without buying them:)

I own 2 SGLs and a Cybex. SGL doesn't retract in DH's car (huge issue because DH tends not to pay attention to these sorts of things) but he fits well in it. Cybex fit I just wasn't big on. However, the cybex fit my 3 yr old well:eek:
I want to try a turbo and a monterey.

He's SO little! He wouldn't be legal for a booster in Canada & a lot of states. I wouldn't feel bad in the least for keeping him harnessed.

You could try a Monterey, but I would wait until Diono redesigns the belt guides before buying one.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC