What color booster does 10-12-year-old want?

bnsnyde

I'm getting two Frontier85's in August for the new school year, for a boy going into 1st grade and a girl in last year of preschool. Which colors? Probably not SICT since we're doing 2 and eventually 3 in a row across the van.

I realize that this is probably going to be the seat they're in until age 10-12 (dad is 6'4" so I don't know when they won't fit it anymore, eventually in booster mode).

The girl would love Livia (pink) and the boy doesn't care, but I like bright blue for him. But when they are tweens...should it just be a boring color? They'll probably be the only kids in town in seats at all.

If I get pink, the seat would still have a couple years left after the girl outgrows it to hand down to a sibling, and they are boys, or hypothetically a girl if we're blessed with another. So getting pink could be foolish.

Should I just get the fun colors and stop worrying about hypothetically handing down a 6-year-old seat to hypothetical children? Chances are something new would come out before then anyway and lure me. 9-year lifespan is too long...it's making me try to predict the future, lol.

Or I could go two black seats. What color does a 10-year-old want? :eek:

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
My 10yo likes her pink leopard and pink zebra Literiders/Youth Boosters. I don't think pink is necessarily too young for a 10yo. (I also don't think a 12yo needs to be in a highbacked booster, but that's another thread for another time. ;) )

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Get what they want now. By the time they are tweens, they will be backless, someone else will have the Frontiers, or you can get a new cover. Or... they might still love them. (I got my 9yo male nanny charge a pink Frontier to use as a booster last year, he BEGGED for it and loved it, so you never know.)

christineka

My 10 yo loves her purple booster, though she loved the pink and grey seat she had before. My 12 yo doesn't seem to care. She'll sit in any booster, regardless of the color. I think she likes the purple and pink better than black or tan, though it's hard to tell with her. My son just likes plush. When given varied options, he likes bright orange.

Anywho, in my experience, I'd just buy whatever the kids want and trade/buy/sell later as desired.

babyherder

Livia and blue! Get them while you can and enjoy them. If the kids want to switch covers 6 years from now then you can deal with that then.

bnsnyde

I don't think they'll be backless because it appears that the Frontier85 fits a very high height and weight, so this is THE seat. :)

If they fit it they'll use it until the end and no backless. Love having the shell, head support, foam, etc.

OK, so maybe the fun colors, then...and can swap colors later if needed.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
There's always covers on Swap...I have a pink and a red from there, and my daycare boy likes the pink, my older girls prefer blue :rolleyes: I'm thinking of putting pink and red together for a franken-frontier :cool:

ElfJewel

Um... you have a 2011 Odyssey right? I tried the FR85 in the captains chairs and it did NOT work as a booster. The belt fit was awful, and the belt guide twisted it funny. And you have a full van like me, it wouldn't work in the 3rd row.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
A 12 year old in a Frontier high back booster? Oh my....I have an 11 year old daughter so I know how they are haha

Sent from my iPad using Car-Seat.Org

Reactions: Kac

agave

Get Livia and Maui if the kids decide they want boring colors later some one will be willing to trade in swap.

kater-tot82

My DD likes pink, purple and blue. She picked purple for her Cruz. She dislikes the color of the brown literider and the black top side. I vote get them whatever color they want now and deal with the future when it comes :)

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Pink and blue. :love:

Most 12yo are my height. I guess I should be in a FR85 in booster mode. LOL.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
christineka said:
It's not that outlandish. My 12 yo loves hbbs and will sit in one whenever I let her. They are more comfy than backless.

It may not be outlandish for your home schooled children who don't get dropped off to school in one...or for some kids of members here who are typically a little overboard with carseats/boosters. BUT is it outlandish for the majority of the population of 11 year olds....you bet your Foonf!

canadiangie

It may not be outlandish for your home schooled children who don't get dropped off to school in one...or for some kids of members here who are typically a little overboard with carseats/boosters. BUT is it outlandish for the majority of the population of 11 year olds....you bet your Foonf!

Lmbo. You bet your Foonf. Love it.

myliljunebugs

I agree with going with what they want for now. My almost 10 year old is mostly 5 stepped now (eek) but on the occasions he needs a booster he used a camo Olli. He outgrew all HBB last year except the FR85 and there was no way I was buying that to use as a booster for him.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC