Question What can I get three across?

njkj

In the 3rd row in a 2012 Town & Country. I am enrolling another daycare kiddo this week so I now need help fitting 5 seats in my 2012 T&C. They are 7,3,3,11m and 4m. The 4m old comes in his Graco snug ride which I install baseless and my seats are 7y/o in a Monterey, 3y/o in a GN an 11m old in a BV70. So I need a seat for my 3y/o daycare girl also. What will fit with my current seats in the 3rd row?

ADS

njkj

Yes she is. I also don't know her size yet. She is currently out of state but Dad is going to get her tomorrow and is bringing her by on Monday. I will have her over night on Wednesday so I need something that I can buy in a b&m store. I have a Walmart, Target and TRU available to me.

aept

I have a 2010 Grand Caravan, so, same third row.
I think you are going to need either a bubblebum for your seven year old third row center and then maybe a maestro for the new 3 year old, with either the baby in infant seat or maybe, maybe the GN also in the third row.
Or, put a three year old in a RSTV third row center.
It's just so narrow back there :/
Have you tried the blvd70 back there yet? I thought our old classic blvd (now expired) did not fit well back there RF. I mean, it could be installed and be safe, but it just seemed to not puzzle well with the general shape of that third row seating area for trying to maximize space. But maybe the new style is better for puzzling??? Hopefully?

I have never achieved a three across back there except for one kid in a parkway and two skinny adults, and it wasn't too comfy for them.

I do have "tight three across" experience in our Prius, but haven't tried as hard to fit three carseats across in the van.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

njkj

Oh I also have a Turbo SS and a backless turbo on hand for the 7y/o.

I figured it would be tight getting anything back there. I was hoping to get the 3 big kids back there but I'm not sure that is going to happen.

lmiranda8681

Oh man, I feel you on this since I am in the same situation as you. I have 2 radians and a coccoro back there and it is tight! I will be putting 2 hbbs in the captains chairs even though it would be much easier to have the older ones in the back I can't fit them and be able to buckle them.

LM4M

CPST Instructor
Oh, man. I'd try the sure ride, maybe. Couples with the defender and the baseless snug ride. Honestly, that back row is a PITA. :mad:

momtoo3

No idea how it fits in the third row of your van but in our tight three across the MyRide puzzled perfectly over/with the Nauti. I was able to do HBTB/MR/GN with room to buckle the booster. The MR is awesome for puzzling over seats, especially boosters. I was able to do the MR and Monterey as well but don't know if I could have gotten a GN on the other side.

aept

How are you doing, OP? Any chances to try to fit your seats in there yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

njkj

I went and got a Defender yesterday. It fits GREAT! I also plan on grabbing a Harmony youth booster (in flames by DSs request) because it is so narrow. I *think* I'll be able to fill the baseless graco outboard with the Harmony backless middle and the defender outboard. I am going to pick it up later today after the baby goes home.

njkj

I just tried snugride, harmony no back, defender. While it fit the booster could not be buckled. After my daycare kiddos leave I am going to try 2 rfing (bv70 and my crashed scenera) with the booster in the middle.

njkj

And impossible on my budget, lol!

I didn't get a chance to play tonight because I had training. Hopefully I can play tomorrow.

sunflower

Not easy on my budget either, but almost no 17" seats in Canada, and it was cheaper than a more car seat friendly minivan.

I got them on an awesome sale ($299 each).

I was able to fit a Snugride with the Foonfs. Hopefully it will be still be fine once a tech checks it. Lol!

Last edited:

njkj

It took an hour but I was able to get a harmony defender outboard pass, harmony youth backless center and a BV70 rfing outboard driver!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC