What are your least favorite car seats?

danceintherain

I agree that the Scenera can be irritating. It's so lightweight, that it's great for traveling though. I never would have survived 18 months in Korea carless without that seat. Even with the requisite pool noodle, it was leaps and bounds ahead of the Britax Boulevard I bought first.
The harness got messed up enough that I replaced it with a NEXT quite a bit before it expired, so I could have a decent travel seat for my second born.
The NEXT does seem to be better in a lot of ways. I haven't run into problems with the harness yet, but it hasn't been tested as frequently as the Scenera.

I agree about the Cosco HBB too. My parents somehow ended up with one of those and were proud of themselves. I had to crush their dreams, when my 3 year old couldn't ride in it.

The Radian IS a beast to maneuver, but it seems to be one of the only options for ERF in our Dodge Caliber, so I just deal with it. I may need to start a car seat accessories bin for all the pieces that can't stay attached though....

ADS

rosey2007

I have a few seats that I didn't care for. Number one, the Britax Regent (discontinued seat). I hated the metal bar that made the installation horrible, ajustingthe the straps was not fun. You had to do a special pull let go and pull a little bit more. The size of this seat was crazy, and the plastic feeling cover that seemed to get hot in the summer.

Another seat I disliked was my son's Baby Trend Flex Lock (this was the old style). The handle had a common problem with getting stuck. It could be a challenge to install. When I owned the seat, the handle had to be down. I thought the matching stroller was nice.

The Graco Nautilus (older model). I prefered this seat to the Britax Regent, but it did have some issues. The buckle was always under my kids. I would have to pull it or remember to hold the buckle before my kiddo sat in it. Putting the seat together was not fun. I don't think I ever mastered putting the cover on it correctly. The cover was stained badly and nothing I tried helped.

The Cosco Scenena bought for my first son (older model). I didn't like the thin plastic feel of the seat. I hated the twisty staps.I couldn't complain to much because my health insurance company paid for the seat.
I bought another one for ds 2 and didn't like that one either because of the same issues. Returned it and got an Evenflo Tribute which I thought was a better seat.

The Graco Snug ride 35 (older model)was an okay seat. The only issues I had with it was carrying it with a heavier child. It was bulky.

I have used the Cosco booster harness seat, and I thought it was very easy to install. I only used it a for a couple of trips but I was impressed with it for the price. I agree that it is a very short lived seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC