We got a Size4Me, and it's not Branson!

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Here is my questions...can I take the old style buckle off my Nauti and use it on the s4m? :D probably not but I'd be tempted!!

Maybe! I know someone said you could from old to new Nautilus. I sold my old style Nautilus a few months ago, I kinda wish I had ordered a new buckle from Graco and put it on and saved my old one haha. I liked the push down style so much better than the push in!

ADS

Brianna

HaileysMommy said:
Here is my questions...can I take the old style buckle off my Nauti and use it on the s4m? :D probably not but I'd be tempted!!

Graco will tell you no, but I personally don't see why not. I just put an old style Nautilus buckle on my Argos.

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
No idea about the clearance- I suspect a pricing mistake on a new model! Sounds like you may have gotten a very good deal:)

I liken the harness to the first Click&Safe models. It worked smoothly but could take a hard pull to get it the last amount, especially if you had to pull past the click. Also, sometimes components work better with use. My Graco Argos seems somewhat easier to use now than it was when I first received it. Perhaps that and some variability in the manufacturing process will account for some differences, plus there is a lot of subjectivity involved, too.

Finally, consider that it costs $100 less than some competitive models, despite having some premium features like two sets of LATCH connectors, a recline level ball-indicator and 1-hand front adjustment for harness height and recline. In an ideal world, I would have liked to see high end SafeGuard harness system components and have everything made in the USA, but most likely that would have moved it well out of their target price range. Just a guess, of course, there are always compromises. Perhaps we can suggest that a future "Elite" model include an improved harness system along with belt lock-offs;-) Or maybe we just did!

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member

I would say definitely not, unless you contacted Graco.

Other things may have changed beyond the buckle itself.

Spam

Why did Graco remove the odyssey and thunder from it's website? Thanks Darren, now I want to wait for the "elite" version lol

aeormsby

That wasn't in Longmont was it? I was there this am and didn't even check the baby aisles. That would have been a great seat for my DNi to move into (she's turning 2 in a couple weeks and has almost outgrown RF by height the Myride you gave them).

If it wasn't Longmont I might have to go check there tomorrow.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
That wasn't in Longmont was it? I was there this am and didn't even check the baby aisles. That would have been a great seat for my DNi to move into (she's turning 2 in a couple weeks and has almost outgrown RF by height the Myride you gave them).

If it wasn't Longmont I might have to go check there tomorrow.

Nope, I was in Westminster at the Orchards so it's worth checking!!

Gah, she is SO tall!! Their other seat is a True Fit, right? Has she outgrown that in weight yet?

aeormsby

Nope, I was in Westminster at the Orchards so it's worth checking!!

Gah, she is SO tall!! Their other seat is a True Fit, right? Has she outgrown that in weight yet?

She's huge. Yup, she has a Truefit also and she's really slowed down on gaining weight (like probably about 28lb right now) so she should fit in that for quite a while yet. And her little brother is 4 months old and over 17lb already so he'll probably be needing the Myride soon.

I might have to take a trip back to Target tonight or tomorrow :cool:

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
She's huge. Yup, she has a Truefit also and she's really slowed down on gaining weight (like probably about 28lb right now) so she should fit in that for quite a while yet. And her little brother is 4 months old and over 17lb already so he'll probably be needing the Myride soon.

I might have to take a trip back to Target tonight or tomorrow :cool:

I'm afraid of having a kid that big! I hit the car seat jackpot with Sam, and I'm afraid I can't get that lucky twice lol - I keep thinking #2 is going to be huge with a giant torso or something.

atw

EmmaCPST said:
I'm afraid of having a kid that big! I hit the car seat jackpot with Sam, and I'm afraid I can't get that lucky twice lol - I keep thinking #2 is going to be huge with a giant torso or something.

That's us so far!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Why did Graco remove the odyssey and thunder from it's website? Thanks Darren, now I want to wait for the "elite" version lol

I'm not sure about the fashions, they were listed the last I looked. Perhaps they are gone if Babies R Us is not yet selling them, I don't know.

As for the "elite" version, I know they eventually released the Nautilus/Argos Elite models, but I have no information on any future developments for the Size4Me 70. Since it is so new, it's hard to say if there even will be future updates and even if there are, whether they might be months or years away. You could wait a long, long time lol.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I would say no to the old style buckles (which stinks, as I have a spare from a MR and I'd love to switch them out.) I'm fairly confident that the harness is a different thickness.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC