Vintage 1985 Strolee Wee Care 610

classicseats

Found this at an auction, and they sold it! not bad for a 26 year old car seat. Near mint condition.

Last edited:
ADS

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Sigh...one of my favorite car seats!!!!! My 'cousin' who was born in '76 had one...only difference was instead of the 'sheild', it was just the round padded bar that raised up/down. Otherwise, the seats were the same IIRC. And I'm pretty sure his sister who was born several years later had this exact seat.

Keeanh

Sigh...one of my favorite car seats!!!!! My 'cousin' who was born in '76 had one...only difference was instead of the 'sheild', it was just the round padded bar that raised up/down. Otherwise, the seats were the same IIRC. And I'm pretty sure his sister who was born several years later had this exact seat.

I was born in '79, my brother in '81. We both had those seats with the padded bar. I remember hating the cover. It was all hot & sticky.

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
It couldn't have been that many years before!

1980ish... the first two were *crushed* in my father's wreck in Feb 1981. On scene crews assumed were were dead, dad kept mumbling about "the kids" and there was no space left for kids :( We were safe at home with mom thankfully :eek:

So they were replaced with one with the bar, and one like this with the shield :)

xursusmaritimusx

that was my car seat :)

someday im going to remember to go through the photos at my parents and find my car seat photos.......

theres some pretty good ones...
even some of me rear facing past age 1 in my dads truck! lol

more so for convenience of my mom being able to face me than safety im sure....

scariestone

That chest clip is really interesting. I bet if modern seats had a metal snap like that it would deter some little hands. I know I have a heck of a time getting some metal snaps open.

classicseats

that was my car seat :)

someday im going to remember to go through the photos at my parents and find my car seat photos.......

theres some pretty good ones...
even some of me rear facing past age 1 in my dads truck! lol

more so for convenience of my mom being able to face me than safety im sure....

They would be great to see!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC