Video - projectiles/stowing of luggage

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
In German and the last minute is just talking but what a great video to demonstrate the benefit of tying down stuff in the vehicle.

Bonus for those who sit with their feet on the dash in the passenger seat - a special misuse just for you.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE8sLDkwT_Q"]ADAC - Crash Test: holiday luggage can kill - YouTube[/ame]

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Thanks! Anyone speak German to say if they say anything new/interesting? Lol

I had to laugh at the stuff on the passenger seat, buckled in. My friends laugh at me alllll the time for buckling stuff in... this summer on a road trip it was the chest cooler, next to my friend in the backseat. I will totally have to show them this.

YinzerMama

My mother was an ER nurse when I was little and they had someone come in from an mva who had had her feet on the dashboard. I don't quite understand it but she was contorted in such a way, hers legs were bent back around her body or something, that covered with a sheet, the nurses at first thought she was pregnant. It was always my mother's thing to go off on my brother or I if we put our feet in the dash as teens.

Lee-B-

It takes all the will power I can muster up each car ride to keep my legs off the dash board.

I also no longer ride with my arm resting on the window ledge (top of car part, bottom of window part). When I was 12 my dentist was resting his arm there when he got in an accident. He lost his elbow and a couple inches of bone/arm when it went through the window. He could no longer be my dentist because he had little use of that arm left. Every time I go to put my arm there I remember him and put it down.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC