Video ads affecting forums

vonfirmath

I am finding that, while viewing a longer thread, my window is being pulled up to the top on occasion. Mostly recently, the Academy ad had finished at the top and there was a new ad called something like "Undercurrent"

ADS

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Can you please describe the issue in more detail? Are you saying they affect the format of the forum layout?

No ads here should exceed the boundaries of the fixed banner size, or play audio or video automatically. It is allowed that a banner can expand, animate or play after you mouse over it for a few seconds, though.

I have been blocking ads that cause layout issues and that autoplay or expand without mouse-over whenever I see them.

If you see it again, any information you can provide would be helpful, including a screenshot and a destination URL or company name. Also, if there is one of those "Ad Choices" arrows in the corner, copying that information may help me to block it as well.

Thanks!

rachelandtyke

I have had the same trouble. I will be reading a thread, and all of a sudden, it has scrolled back to the top as a video ad has started to play. Then it keep trying to stay back up at the top and makes it hard to scroll down. I haven't clicked on these video ads to make them play, they just start on their own. I will try to keep an eye out and try to get the info you asked for next time it happens.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Thanks! Any info appreciated. That's definitely a nuisance type of ad that I will do my best to block.

It's really a sad catch 22. I do my best to filter out garbage ads like downloadables, ringtones, flashy contest ads, politics, religion and various other categories. I don't allow pop-ups, pop-unders, autoplay anything, interstitial ads that force you to close them to go to read a page. None of those, even though they'd increase revenue substantially. And for the efforts, I still have to deal with rogue advertisers that sneak in these types of ads around the blocks set up by the ad networks. And the worst result is the proliferation of ad blockers, which are the worst of the bunch, as they effectively rob many independent sites of the revenues they need to pay costs.

It's a sad state of affairs with ad blockers. More and more sites are starting to detect them and put up warnings if you use one, or block images or some or all content to anyone with an active ad blocker. I hope I'm not forced to do so at some point, but it seems to be the trend.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC