Using latch on a 3-in-1 used as a BPB

CRS

Senior Community Member
I know technically you're not supposed to - right? Because it's not in the manual - right? What other good reason is there not to do this, in your opinion? Thanks!

ADS

Mae

I think that maybe the OP asked because she's curious why they don't test them that way, or possibly why they failed. I don't think she meant that she (being a tech and that shes a member here lol) would go against the manual and do it regardless, were her intentions of the question.

That last part there I can't find a good way to word it...I'm trying to say that its NOT her intentions. If you read it a few times it makes sense. (you know how some sentences are just weird)

Last edited:

cpsaddict

I think it's because boosters are supposed to move with the child in a crash. Although, with the new LATCH boosters coming out, maybe it's starting to be discovered that this isn't such a good idea. :confused: Anyhow, I think with most seats, including the 3 in 1's, it's a matter of testing. The manufacturers just don't know what you happen.

CRS

Senior Community Member
LOL No I wouldn't do it, my kids are still rear-facing :) So no one really knows, right?

Mae

Maybe they just never thought of it. :confused:

Back to my whole theory that car seat manufacturers aren't exactly the brightest bulb in the box, and they should hire a CPST/Mother (or father) to "approve" the seats before selling them. *sigh* all well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newmom2023

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC