Usergroup and Forum Access Changes - Effective Immediately

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
This is probably a stupid question... :rolleyes:

I don't have enough rep points to see the Coffee Break forum any longer, but I have posted there in the past. Those posts are no longer in my post history (I'm guessing because I can't view the forum), but are they still there? Or have they been deleted? Thanks! :)

Nothing was deleted. Go ahead and make a join request in your User CP:)

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
love the new rules... makes me feel safer
and I tend to rebel against "the man" and rules lol

Isn't there an old saying- "Behind every man Admin implementing the new rules are 20 women Moderators suggesting the new rules" ? Or something like that...

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Isn't there an old saying- "Behind every man Admin implementing the new rules are 20 women Moderators suggesting the new rules" ? Or something like that...

I thought it was 20 female moderators going, "Whatever you say, dear," and then doing their own thing.

gbpmama

Ahhhh. There was a couple of threads I was following and now I can't. :( Wah, I know.

I didn't turn my reputation feature off yet it is off.. guess I'll turn it on, though I can't see any reps coming my way. I'm here to learn more so than anything. Though I've shared a couple of deals on car seats.. can you get reps for that? Hmm..

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Darren, thanks for hooking me up (I'm assuming it was you)!

I've been checking the join requests a couple times a day. QuassEE and the Usergroup Leaders (Papooses, Lovinwaves, LuvBug03, Skaterbabscpst) can also approve this queue. So, you're welcome, but I'm not sure who it was!

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Ahhhh. There was a couple of threads I was following and now I can't. :( Wah, I know.

I didn't turn my reputation feature off yet it is off.. guess I'll turn it on, though I can't see any reps coming my way. I'm here to learn more so than anything. Though I've shared a couple of deals on car seats.. can you get reps for that? Hmm..

If you haven't already, make a join request. You have 47 posts, been registered since 2007 and have posted in the CM forum so you don't even need more rep.

U

Unregistered1

What is the senior community member forum? I'm a tech and I have a billion posts but I don't think I've been registered for 60 days... will it magically appear on my registration birthday? :p

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Community Member access will now be granted automatically by the system, based on a floating scale of posts, reputation points and days registered. The Community Member usergroup leaders can still approve individual requests, but will generally only do so if the request is accompanied by a referral from a current Community Member.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Access to the Senior Community Member forum/usergroup will be granted only as follows:

The only users who can read and post in this forum are:

2) Community Members with at least 100 posts, 50 reputation points and 180 days registered (subject to change)

3) Technical Professionals with at least 25 posts and 60 days registered

Effective immediately, Community Members must now be registered 1 year to gain access to the SCM forum with 50 reputation and 100 posts. Somewhat higher reputation and post counts will be necessary to gain SCM access at 180 days registered.

Technical Professionals must have 50 posts and 90 days registered for SCM access.

Community members who are blatantly increasing their posts counts with trivial posts or soliciting reputation points may have their reputation points reset for doing so.

No current members with access to the SCM forum will lose access due to these changes, except those listed in the first post in this thread who gained access via a donation and do not otherwise meet the minimum requirements listed here, should their donation expire.

jewlsvern

I can get into the community member forum. Is there another forum other than SCM that I am missing? All this happened while I moved across the country and I thought the names had just changed.

Simplysomething

I can get into the community member forum. Is there another forum other than SCM that I am missing? All this happened while I moved across the country and I thought the names had just changed.

I don't think so. There's the tech forum, but you have to be a tech to post there. Perhaps there are other secret forums, but they haven't told me about them. lol

Admin, could you edit the original post in this thread to show the new requirements for SCM access? If a poster doesn't read the entire thread, he or she might still think that the other requirements still apply.

Post 1 says :
2) Community Members with at least 100 posts, 50 reputation points and 180 days registered (subject to change)

Post 37 says:
Effective immediately, Community Members must now be registered 1 year to gain access to the SCM forum with 50 reputation and 100 posts. Somewhat higher reputation and post counts will be necessary to gain SCM access at 180 days registered.

It just might help to put that up there in the original post, since it has actually changed.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC