Question Urgent- tether issue in 03-04 chevy venture

lanwenyi

Trying to install my tfp ffing in my sis's 03 or 04 Chevy venture (she's not sure of the year) and cannot get the top tether onto the anchor point with the tether strap straight and the back of the clip facing out.

My choices are:

1. Leave the seat without top tether (legal in the us, but not my first choice).

2. Twist the top tether so that the front of the clip is facing out (it will go on the anchor point this way, but leaves a twist in the top tether)

3. Have someone teach me really quickly over the internet how to tether to the third row seat belts. She's in the second row center seat. I have a static lapbelt in the center of the third row, or a lap shoulder belt in one of the outboard seats that I could tether to. The other outboard seat is being used by an adult.

on my phone, please forgive my autocorrect

ADS

lanwenyi

Unfortunately, I can't do that right now. I injured my back/hip, so DH installed the seats, we left and I noticed the missing top tether once we were already enroute. I need to be able to fix it while we drive.

We're already an hour behind schedule, so stopping to uninstall and reinstall isnt going to happen this time.

I'll remember that for next time.

lanwenyi

Would you rec twisting it or anchoring to the third row seatbelt?

I have it on the third row seatbelt right now, but I don't know if I did it correctly. (Im the adult in the third row).

View attachment 23726

tiggercat

Would you rec twisting it or anchoring to the third row seatbelt?

I have it on the third row seatbelt right now, but I don't know if I did it correctly. (Im the adult in the third row).

The way you have it tethered is fine, as long as it's not too far offset from the child seat. I think 20 degrees is the max.

When you get a chance, I'd recommend attaching it correctly to the dedicated TA.

lanwenyi

I don't have a way of checking the angle, but it's center seat 2nd row to center seat belt 3rd row.

Once we arrive at our destination in about two hours, I plan to reinstall (or rather, have DH reinstall since my mobility is severely limited) and use the dedicated tether anchor, but if this will work for now, we'll use it for now rather than leaving the seat untethered.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC