URGENT!!! evenflo chase install

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
If seatbelts lock, you do not need a locking clip. Install it, unbuckle it, let it retract a few clicks, and muscle it back in. Repeat until it is solid.

Qarin

This is a longshot, probably not the case, but does the Camaro have locking retractors and locking latchplates? (My 1998 GM minivan has this in the third row, which is why I think of it). I'm thinking that the angle of the Scenera's belt path is such that tightening with a locking latchplate might work better than the angle of the Chase's belt path, so you're tightening with the retractor but fighting against a locking latchplate, and just need to pull the shoulder belt at a different angle over by the latchplate.

Longshot, I know.

Kat_Momof3

Those look like regular locking latchplates... nothing lightweight about it... they may not be locking as they should be... due to an angle of some kind... first, make sure the buckles are out of the beltpath (twist the female buckles down if need be... up to 3 full 360* twists)... if that doesn't help, then flip the male end one single 180 * turn (so it looks upside down) after you have gotten the seat tight... that will keep it from slipping.

You cannot use a locking clip with regular locking latchplates (it's okay with lightweight, but not with these big boys)

Qarin

I would use a locking clip... I know we try to avoid them, but it sounds like it's giving you too many problems without one.

A locking clip isn't going to help if the lap belt portion is not getting tight, and the lapbelt portion won't get tight if it's getting caught in the lightweight locking latchplate.

Cryssy Jane

The lap portion is getting tight but then the latchplate is in the beltpath. If I turn the female part of the belt 1 full turn, it won't stay that way and the latchplate is still close to the beltpath. There isn't any room for a locking clip if I keep the lap portion tight.

Qarin

OK, with a locking latchplate that isn't tightening cleanly by pulling the shoulder belt portion, I would buckle it as best I could, then from right at the latchplate, pull the buckle away from the seat and pull on the shoulder belt to tighten the lap as much as possible before releasing the buckle. If that doesn't work, you may need to tighten as much as possible, unbuckle and tighten a bit more, then push hard to buckle.

Cryssy Jane

Ok I got it! Thanks ladies! I had to turn the female buckle 1 full 360 turn, buckle, then pull the latchplate away from the seat and pull the shoulder part tight. It still moves about 1/4 of an inch at the beltpath but that's pretty darn solid.

Thanks for the help!!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC