News Updated crash test results for dog harnesses

ADS

Minnesota

CPST Instructor
Thanks for posting this! I've been wondering if they had published an update yet but couldn't think of where to find it.

whiteyacht

You're welcome! I also wanted to come back and post that the Top Paw car harness sold at Petsmart is by Bergan but rebranded. I'm 99% sure... it looks identical and other pdf instructions on their website say "Top Paw" instead of "Bergan" in the logo space. Amazon has the best price, however.

lanwenyi

Apologies if this was already posted, but I didn't see it when I did a search.

http://centerforpetsafety.org/wp-co...cps_harness_study_summary_final_rev101113.pdf

Thanks! That was really interesting. I liked how transparent they were about their methods, the assumptions they made, why some were excluded, how their ratings came about, etc. They also made clear that there is a need for clear standards for manufacturers to meet.

I also looked up the top-rated pet harness for when our lab/border collie puppy stops traveling in her kennel (which fills our entire cargo area as she is already 60lbs), and after watching those crash tests (their passing test and another harness's failing test), I definitely will be looking for whatever the best pet harness is at that time. Like carseats, I won't care about cost, fit to my dog, proper use, and protecting all occupants is more important. Safety matters most!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC