Ugh, what is up with Wayfair's Clearance prices?

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
They are showing one price and then when you click on the item the price is more expensive :( They have BJCM's listed as $110, but then when I click it says $227. What a TEASE!!! :thumbsdown:

ADS

Cryssy Jane

I said something about their pricing lately on Fb and essentially got told that's not what's going on. :confused:

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Wayfair

Hi there! We are so sorry for this inconvenience! We were having some problems with Clearance as some items with multiple parts were being listed as the lowest price of one part, and not as a complete and whole product. We have been working to make this a clearer shopping experience!

Cryssy Jane

wayfair, besides the pricing issue on some items, what's up with the pricing on carseats and strollers? It seems like all carseats are now only 5% off rather than being priced as an actual clearanced item.

Baylor

Cryssy Jane said:
wayfair, besides the pricing issue on some items, what's up with the pricing on carseats and strollers? It seems like all carseats are now only 5% off rather than being priced as an actual clearanced item.

This. I can do much better other places now. I used to stalk the clearance page all the time but stopped because the prices are nuts for clearance.

auto correct hates me

Jessica61624

Cryssy Jane said:

:yeahthat:

NannyMom

Wayfair, I'm excited to see you here. I just wanted to make sure you know that your clearance section prices are very high compared to most regular prices.

Mags462

Just adding what i have noticed.... there ARE several seats that pop up that are a true 50% off, and those are normally returns. I think the other seats in the "clearance section" aren't returns, but rather new merchandise they are offering at a discount (albeit slight one) for whatever reason.

In the past month i have seen at the 50% off price a Nauti, a Marathon, a Triumph, an XT, a vivo, and a keyfit..... so there ARE clearance items in there, but what sits there everyday isn't really the true "clearance" we have some to recognize from former CSN days :D

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
Thanks for dropping by Wayfair! I agree with others as far as the pricing being high.
Also, I find the number of products changing in the clearance section. For example, it will say there are 250 products in the Baby & Kid Clearance, then when I click to go it will only list 40. Then I refresh and it shows 58 or something. (Random numbers, not a specific example)

Melaine

I had a great CS experience when calling Wayfair about an order I placed in November IIRC. They were able to change it for me and were super accomodating and polite, so props to them.

However, the fluctuting prices and discrepancies between the list price and actual price in cart has been an issue for a couple months. I also made a facebook comment about this issue and was told they were working on it, but that was weeks ago. At one point I called to place an order for an item and even the CS rep could not explain why the price in cart was SIGNFICANTLY higher than the price on the item's page. I was somewhat frustrated that they would not honor the price that was clearly listed. So I think Wayfair has great potential but they really need to work the website issues out and I don't quite understand why it is taking so long.

Wayfair

Hi again! Our wonderful Customer Service team has addressed the Clearance section pricing issue and it looks like it has been fixed!

Also - when it comes to the number of products in the Clearance section constantly changing, this is because when a customer adds an item to their cart, it removes the item from the Clearance section immediately. The item will remain in the customer's cart for 30 minutes, but if the customer decides not to buy it, the item is released back into the Clearance section once again.

We hope we've clarified any questions or concerns you may have had! Please feel free to reach out to us directly at social@wayfair.com if you have any further questions :) Thanks all!

Jessica61624

Cryssy Jane said:
Ummm it's still showing the exact same items for the exact same prices. Doesn't look like anything has changed :-/

I thought the same thing. But I think the pricing issue may have been when you put it in your cart and it changed prices. I was hopeful.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
I thought the same thing. But I think the pricing issue may have been when you put it in your cart and it changed prices. I was hopeful.

Yeah, I tried that, and nothing. I did a Monterey (because, hey, if it worked and was cheaper, I would try it out). Nope. And then it also said:

This item may show minor signs of wear. (Less)

We only accept returns on unused items in new condition, but sometimes minor signs of wear like scratches or dents can occur during shipping. Before we ship this to you we’ll inspect it. If we find significant problems, we’ll notify you and cancel the order. In this case you’d be welcome to buy it new at the regular price, but we may not have another returned piece available.

Say what now? What is "minor wear"? How would a new, in box product get "minor wear"? I'm certainly not buying some thing *AT FULL PRICE* (or $5 off of it) and getting minor wear. That's ridiculous.

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
The quantity problem is still happening too. It goes for hundreds of items to just a few, back & forth as it's refreshed. Something tells me people aren't putting hundreds of things in and out of there carts every few seconds :rolleyes:

YinzerMama

http://www.wayfair.com/Britax-B-Rea...81773-Set-BRX1210.html?prkit=1&clearance=true

I like the b-ready for $38. It is really for the rain cover but the overall ad looks like it is for the stroller. Am I right?

Also on what planet is the list price $600+?

Are they Canadian? Or crazy?

Wayfair I would totally be willing to proof-read and correct your website in exchange for fancy strollers to try out. I will even give them back to you when I am done playing with them so you can re-sell them as returns and still make some $$$.

Last edited:

YinzerMama

But I am first in line. First!

Also I don't mean to imply that Canadians are crazy. They are no crazier than Americans. I was wondering if it was a currency difference.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC