Question Two seats in 2015 MB GLK

U

Unregistered

We currently have our 3yr old (almost 30lbs, almost 3ft) rear facing behind the passenger seat in a Diono radian rxt. We are due with #2 in a couple of wks and the baby will be in the Graco clickconnect 35 that we used when my son was an infant. I’m wondering if I will need forward face my toddler in order to rear face my infant in the middle. Also wondering which connecting (latch vs seatbelt) is best for both as I can only latch one of them if the middle seat is being used. Or would it be best to outboard them both? Any guidance is appreciated! My husbands vehicle is a 2017 Volvo XC 90, same questions would apply.

ADS

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Hi. It's been a while since I've installed carseats in both of those vehicles, so the best advice I can offer is to try it out. Be sure to place the carrier in the base when you're done installing the base to make sure there's no interference from the handle with the Radian since the handle will be the widest part of the carrier.

As for whether or not to use LATCH or the seat belt, the Mercedes only has LATCH anchors in the outboard (outside) positions, so as long as the inside anchor doesn't interfere with the center seat belt, you can use LATCH for installing the Radian, which is probably easier. Same with the Volvo—you can use LATCH for the Radian, but use the seat belt for the infant seat in the center seating position.

U

Unregistered

Thanks! The 2015 GLK actually has latch for the middle, you just can’t do both side and middle latch bc they share the connections, so it’s one or the other (middle seat or outboard).

tylert11

We currently have our 3yr old (almost 30lbs, almost 3ft) rear facing behind the passenger seat in a Diono radian rxt. We are due with #2 in a couple of wks and the baby will be in the Graco clickconnect 35 that we used when my son was an infant. I’m wondering if I will need forward face my toddler in order to rear face my infant in the middle. Also wondering which connecting (latch vs seatbelt) is best for both as I can only latch one of them if the middle seat is being used. Or would it be best to outboard them both? Any guidance is appreciated! My husbands vehicle is a 2017 Volvo XC 90, same questions would apply.
Read the operating instructions for the vehicle. It is necessary to consider the work of airbags

aporthole

No, the lower anchors are only permitted for the outboard seats. Borrowing one from each side to install with lower anchors in the middle is not permitted by Mercedes.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC