turbo armrests

stephie1012

So we bought DD a turbo today to start booster training (shes 45.8lbs and 44inches) What level do i need the arm rests at? (yes the screws are in lol) i put them on the shortest should i change that? What exactly does changing them do?
Shes fits so good in it I have the head rest one click up. The lap belt portion doesnt even touch her tummy at all.

She sat so well on our 10minute drive earlier, she even yelled at me when she saw me move to get julias paci and she asked to scratch her nose lol she thought she couldn't even move to do that. Sigh my baby is getting too big!!

ADS

Pixels

According to the manual, the arm rest adjustment is strictly a comfort thing. However, I have seen changing the arm rests changes (or can change) the lap belt placement. If she's happy with it on the lower setting, you can leave well enough alone. If you think she'd be more comfortable with them on the higher setting, you can try changing it, but double-check the lap belt placement when you do.

NannyMom

Give both settings a try, and see which gives a better belt fit. I had been keeping my turbo booster arms at the lowest. That would guarantee the belt wouldn't be too high. Until I noticed the belt was really too low, so totally on my 10 year old's lap, so I raised hers up.

Angela

We have 2 turbos in 2 different cars. We have one set at the lowest and one on the highest, just because where the belt sits on him in both cars. I'd try both and see what works the best.

stephie1012

how low is to low for the lapbelt? I saw pics on here once that the belt was all the way on someones thighs and it was still okay.

Pixels

Too low would be if the belt was only on the thighs, not touching the pelvis. In that case, the child is going to slide forward under the belt until the pelvis catches the belt.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC