Trying to fit 3 across in CRV

Charmasina

Hello,

I'm attempting to fit 3 car seats in my 2013 Honda CRV. We have an almost 5 year old forward facing child, a 2 year old rear facing child, and a 2 week old baby who obv rear faces lol. :)
We currently have two Diono Rainiers and a Britax Be Safe. No way this fits. Is there anything that would work with the 2 rf 1 ff setup?
I also notice my sons car seat just didn't sit right in the middle of our CRV whilst forward facing.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Oh boy, that's tough. Radians are a tough install to begin with in that car. And ANYTHING is a tough fit in the middle.

What are their heights, weights, and torso length on the older 2?

You are already doing all seatbelt installs, right?

Charmasina

Oh boy, that's tough. Radians are a tough install to begin with in that car. And ANYTHING is a tough fit in the middle.

What are their heights, weights, and torso length on the older 2?

You are already doing all seatbelt installs, right?

Takes me soooo long to get them installed where I'm happy with them. They're a pain but I loved the high rear facing limit lol.

My 4yr old son is nearly 44 inches tall and weighs about 43lbs. My daughter is 2yrs and she is 35 inches tall and 29lbs. Both are using the lap belts and I'm not entirely sure of the torso to head heigh cause they won't sit still long enough to measure but I'll try to get it!
Posted via Mobile Device

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I might try a Radian forward facing on the 60 side of the split for your son, scooted as much away from center as you can, and then see if a Clek Fllo might work better center for your daughter because of the lockoffs. Then either a narrower rear-facing only on the 40 side (maybe a Keyfit?) or a Coccoro.

I'm totally unsure if that will work but it's what I'd try.

meljc

I'm sorry, I can't remember if that's the current gen or previous. I have an 07 and managed to fit RF CCO, FF NF, RF KF in it :dance: I'm pretty sure the NF and KF were seatbelt installs. I just saw that your 2yo is already 25" so the CCO isn't a good pick, but what about a NEXT?

Unfortunately, my FIL has the newer body style and they decreased the hip room by 2-3". Because they're a-holes. But I managed a CCO and two SKs in there after a lot of blood, sweat and tears.

My mom has a CR-V close to that model year, and IIRC, you cannot use the drivers side rear seat belt if there is someone using a seatbelt in the middle. Just an FYI!

ETA - I couldn't find that info in the manual online, so it may be a Canada-specific thing? Which is weird.

Last edited:

lilti9er

Is the 2013 the same model as the 2014? If so, I've played with it when I got it as a loaner. These were seatbelt installs. Personally, I thought the 2014 was much easier to work with for carseats than our old 2011 & 2004. The bench seat was much flatter in the 2014 and I recall liking the seatbelt stalks in it.

Driver outboard: RF chicco nextfit
Center: FF chicco nextfit
Passenger outboard: Chicco keyfit

Driver outboard: RF chicco nextfit
Center: Chicco keyfit (this would've needed to stay in the car, not able to remove off of base in this position)
Passenger outboard: RF chicco nextfit

vangelder03

My mom has a CR-V close to that model year, and IIRC, you cannot use the drivers side rear seat belt if there is someone using a seatbelt in the middle. Just an FYI!

ETA - I couldn't find that info in the manual online, so it may be a Canada-specific thing? Which is weird.

I contacted Honda and they told me the same thing.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
We're considering getting a CRV. I'm not sure when they last changed the body style, but at least with the current version I don't see anything that would prevent all three seating positions from being used at once. I perused the current manual, too, and didn't see any prohibition on it.

Because of the LATCH situation, you would potentially lose the ability to use the driver's side belt if you used LATCH in the center, but if you used seatbelts, there's no overlap or anything. Is that new to the current body style?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC