Trying some 3-acrosses with the Frontier - pic heavy

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
A mom in the Facebook group and I were talking about what RF seat she could fit next to a Frontier 85 and still have room for another passenger. I haven't played car seats in a while so I tried a bunch of combos in my 1998 CRV this morning. It's way easier to post pictures here and I figured it might be helpful to someone here too, so here they are:

3-11-12001.jpg

First, I did a Frontier with a RF Complete Air next to it. They fit together fine, and as you can see I fit a RF Coccoro on the other side, but it was TIGHT and there wouldn't have been room for anything but a Coccoro. I tried a Radian both RF and FF and there wasn't enough space. I also sat there myself, and there was enough room for me to buckle, but I was pretty squished and it wouldn't have been comfortable for very long.

3-11-12024.jpg

I measured from the widest edge of the Complete Air, straight across to the widest edge of the Frontier.

3-11-12009.jpg

To show leg room, here's my 3 1/2 year old. He's *just* outgrown this seat with exactly 1" above his head and weighing exactly 33 pounds.

3-11-12011.jpg

And here he is in the Complete Air.

3-11-12015.jpg

:D

3-11-12027.jpg

Next up, I put the Coccoro next to the Frontier. This gave a LOT more space:

3-11-12028.jpg

3-11-12031.jpg

I could fit a Radian both RF and FF.

3-11-12034.jpg

And the Complete Air FF. Didn't fit RF though.

3-11-12036.jpg

Comparing leg room in the Radian (this is with Angle Adjuster, btw)

3-11-12037.jpg

And head room

3-11-12038.jpg

For grins I threw my Scenera in too, and it also fit with the Frontier and the RF Coccoro.

3-11-12041.jpg

He's about out of the Scenera 40 too though.

3-11-12046.jpg

Then I put the Scenera next to the Frontier since I had it. About the same amount of space as the Complete Air:

3-11-12044.jpg

Hope that helps!

ADS

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
I want a CRV now :p

haha I actually REALLY want a new car, but we just can't afford it/justify it right now. Mechanically mine is in fantastic shape, but comfort wise I just want something a little newer (with LATCH! And a true center seating position! And three top tethers!) Oh well, it does the job plenty well for now. :D

julia94115

Awesome!
So, would a Radian FF, Frontier, then Cocorro RF (or FF) fit in that order? I have a 2007 CR-V so I think I have a teeny bit more room?

Spam

I've also had luck with the MR next to the fr85, the cupholder overlaps the armrest. For the CA being a more narrow seat, I have more problems with it fitting into 3 across situations than most of other convertibles. A little OT, but what cover is that on the ca? That's cute!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC