True fit hurting 2yr old back

armyfam

DD3 is 26 months and is RF in a true fit premiere. She has been complaining a lot about her back hurting. She is not a big complainer so I know it really must be bothering her. I checked to make sure that the lock off is closed under the pad and that her shirt is not scrunched up in the back. I'm not sure what else to do. She is 34 inches tall and 24 pounds.
I was thinking about switching car seats out but don't know what I should do. I have a Kia Sedona minivan and Corolla.
The seats I have are a Monterey, radian, true fit premiere, onside air, harmony backless booster, Nautilus, and Regent.
I need seats in both vehicles. Dd1 is 10-87 pounds and 4.9" and Dd2 is 43 pounds and 44 inches and 5.5.
Right now in the Corolla I have the harmony backless for dd1, radian center for dd2, and Onside Air for Dd3. With the seats I have, can I do any other three across in the corolla without the radian. I was thinking about taking it out and putting it I the van for Dd3. Or any suggestions on how to help with dd's back? Can I use the infant Seat pad at her size? I'm wondering if that would help? I have to do something today bc I can't concentrate with her crying all the stinking time. I'm not opposed to buying a new seat but would prefer to use the seats I have. Thank you! Sorry so choppy!

ADS

glockchick

I doubt you can do a 3 across without the Radian. Could you try her in the RN for one trip to see if it helps?

I don't know what you could do with the TF to help. Sorry. :(

armyfam

Thanks- so what do I do when dd2 outgrows the radian? She has a rather large head :) and is getting pretty stinking close to outgrowing it. I'm thinking probably within the next six months or so.

glockchick

Whew. That's tough. I don't know how'd you keep a 3 across in the Corolla. I haven't figured it out in a civic. :(

Could you do RFing radian center for the baby and high back boosters outboard for the older kids? It'll be a pain to buckle, but with narrow boosters it should fit.

momtotwogirls

I found reclining it a bit helps with the back hurting becuase then they have more leg room and there isnt so much pressure on their back/bottoms.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
In my Civic, I can put a RF Radian in the center and a Parkway outboard. Not sure it would work with two Parkways, but it might. They have to puzzle just right so I also can't guarantee it would work with any other vehicle seat that narrow.

Have you checked to see whether your oldest will 5-step in any of the seating positions? If not, then maybe a Bubble Bum for the oldest, RF Radian for the youngest, and maybe if there's sufficient vehicle head support you could put the middle child in the TF on one side, the oldest in the center, and the Radian RF on the other side for the youngest (probably will need an angle adjuster for that).

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Does the true fit require a vehicle headrest?

I don't think any convertible seats require a vehicle head rest. They're designed to support a child's head RF where obviously there's no head rest. The head rest issue comes in, I think, only when you're talking FF-only seats and boosters.

armyfam

I think I found a solution for right now. I put the TrueFit Ff for dd2 drivers side. She looks to have about an inch of torso room left. Dd3 is RF in the Onside Air center. Dh apparently took out dd1's harmony lb out a few weeks ago bc he says she no longer needed it. I'm gonna double check. If she doesn't five step, I'll look at the bubble bum.
The radian is Rf for Dd3 in the van. Hopefully, she will be happier. I'm hoping that Dd2 will fit in the true fit for awhile longer before I transition to a booster. She is very mature and I know that she will sit properly but I wanted her to get a bit bigger :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC