True Fit back at Target

crunchierthanthou

My store had its new display seats out. There's a black TF (appeared to be the Recline model).

It's not letting me attach a photo, but it's black with red piping, and a b/w patterned insert. Not plush, but not rough either.

ADS

Cath3114

Just checked one of the stores here. Nothing. And if they didn't have it, I doubt the smaller one will. This one did have 4 Oobrs, all online returns.

Cath3114

VoodooChile said:
Me too! I really liked the one ds and I tried out at BRU; if it weren't for the low rf limit, we'd have that seat instead of the Radian for sure.

I'm really hoping this will work for my tall and skinny monster. At 17 months with a 13" torso, I'm thinking we will outgrow everything by height before weight.

hsjwmom

They need to get on the ball! Am I wrong in thinking that most convertible seats have 40lb rfing limits now? Well, over half of them, right? With its tall shell, it is perfectly reasonable that a kid could rf longer, too.

For the pricetag, at least the TFP should be upped to 40lb. Especially with the ARB. If they ever do, I wonder if they'd up the rfing limit retroactively. Wouldn't that be awesome?!

Uh, not that I NEED a 40lb seat...dd will be 4 in a month and is still 32ish lbs.

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
I wish it was 40#. I would have had DD4 RF a lot longer. My TF can't be used FF because the top tether is broken, I would loooooooove to use it longer. But DS is gaining fast (went from 19# at 12mo, to 25# at 18mo, is now close to 28# at 20mo) and I think it will be a training seat before much longer :(

Sent from my DROIDX using Car-Seat.Org

crunchierthanthou

They need to get on the ball! Am I wrong in thinking that most convertible seats have 40lb rfing limits now? Well, over half of them, right? With its tall shell, it is perfectly reasonable that a kid could rf longer, too.

For the pricetag, at least the TFP should be upped to 40lb. Especially with the ARB. If they ever do, I wonder if they'd up the rfing limit retroactively. Wouldn't that be awesome?!

Uh, not that I NEED a 40lb seat...dd will be 4 in a month and is still 32ish lbs.

even the comfort sport and scenera have versions higher than 35 lbs.

jeminijad

I wonder how well this seat does, volume and gross sales wise.

It isn't on the shelves at BRU or Walmart. I'm thinking it isn't in every Target, either, but maybe that is changing. Graco, Evenflo & Dorel probably have legions of people in R&D just for carseats, with their passive presence/volume. Britax & SK/Diono are known for focusing on new safety type improvements, and have always commanded a high $. The First Years doesn't really have any of those strengths, and I wonder if it just isn't practical $ wise for them to make whatever changes would be necessary to rate it to 40lbs RF.

I wish we had an engineer to tell us if there is something about the seat that makes it likely to fail past 35lbs.

Cath3114

hsjwmom said:

I wish they would up it too. It really would be the ideal seat with a 40 pound limit. And I was just thinking last night I wish they would retro it to 40!

But they've repeatedly said they have no plans to.

christineka

I wish it was 40#. I would have had DD4 RF a lot longer. My TF can't be used FF because the top tether is broken, I would loooooooove to use it longer.

Have you tried contacting The First Years? The top tether is a known problem. They have fix-it yourself instructions as well as a fix-it kit.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC