Travel Seat To Replace Avenue? (Not the Scenera.)

NatesMamma

The Avenue is our current travel seat, and we also have a TFP and MR65, neither of which I want to lug though airports. We fly 3+ times a year, and our travel seat also gets used in the rare event that we're driving in someone else's car.

DS is *this close* to hitting the (unfortunate) 36" height limit for RF in the Avenue. Unless someone can offer me proof that it's safe for him to continue RF in the Avenue beyond 36", I'm just not comfortable continuing to use the seat. Never mind that he's only on the 2nd harness slots and has oodles of shell above his head. :rolleyes:

So, what should our next travel seat be? I guess the Scenera is the most obvious choice. BUT I want to get away from Dorel and I'm hesitant to use a seat w/o any EPP/EPS foam. Are there any good choices for RF travel seats other than the Avenue and Scenera? Kiddo is 27 months, 27#, and 35.75".

ADS

DahliaRW

Well, it is Dorel, but the Complete Air has the air cushions around the head and is super lightweight and easy for travel. Your LO would have 4" more rfing in it if you want to stick to the stated limit (or ignore it, up to you). And it'll last ffing to booster age, in all likelihood.

NatesMamma

Well, it is Dorel, but the Complete Air has the air cushions around the head and is super lightweight and easy for travel. Your LO would have 4" more rfing in it if you want to stick to the stated limit (or ignore it, up to you). And it'll last ffing to booster age, in all likelihood.

Meh. I was so excited when the CA came out, and at one point I was kicking myself for buying a TFP instead, but I'm really lukewarm on the CA/Dorel at this point. And although DJG admitted the CA passed testing at 30*, they're still insisting it needs to be installed at 45*, at least as far as I know. (Right?) I would go with the CA (or even the Avenue) and disregard the angle/height limits if I didn't have any other options. I'm just really hoping for a seat that I can use in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.

Also, is the CA really any lighter than the MR? I've only handled a CA a couple of times, but I feel like they weight about the same...?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC