Travel seat questions

Angie

I have a flight planned for when my daughter is 4 and 7 months of age, and might be flying again at 4 and 8 months of age. Mid-October she was 42.75 pounds and 3'6". The flights would be January and February. Sooooo my question is...her travel seat I had been using is a Evenflo Securekid DLX (for the click-push install). Last time we flew she wouldn't even sit in it for the flight. We ended up on a not-full flight so it was her seat, then her, then me in the row. LOL!!! THEN to make matters worse, it wouldn't install tight using the latch, so then I had to do a seatbelt install and it defeated the purpose of taking that seat. I had to rent a mid-size car to save money and even though it was fully retracted, it moved all over the place. I decided then that I am determined to not fly with that seat anymore! For the flight she doesn't really need a seat. For the rental car, she'll need something. We do a decent amount of driving around (just to go from my mom's where we stay to my aunt's house is 45 minutes each way) and we tend to stay places a little later than her bedtime, so she still falls asleep in the car. Is there something more compact I can travel with that will work? I'd love to use the RideSafer Vest but I'm not sure if they can sleep in that. Of course I worry about that stuff, but she may outgrow the sleeping in the car stage by then with my luck.

WWYD?

ADS

Dillipop

I just got back from a trip with my just turned 7 year old and we used a RSTV for the week. We did it a couple years ago when she was 5 as well. This time, I did not use the optional tether strap that comes with some versions but I did use it when she was 5. The tether strap really helps with when she falls asleep, as it keeps her upright.

I have a version 2 but I heard the new delight? Version is pretty awesome and if I were looking for a new one, I’d probably get that one.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
We took a trip with a barely-4-year old with a RideSafer Delight Vest and it was fantastic! We ended up with her in a spot without the tether anchor and I locked the belt; she fell asleep multiple times and didn't fall dangerously out of position.

You can read about our experience in this review for carseatblog: https://carseatblog.com/43470/2017-...with-delighter-booster-arent-they-delightful/

Another option in your situation might be the IMMI Go, though the $224 price including shipping can be a turnoff and she's quite close to the weight limit to spend that much money!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC