Travel-CARES harness

Aprilmom

We are travelling to the Dominican in Feb. and I am trying to figure out the safest and easiest way to travel with my littles. We have 4 kids almost 12, almost 5 (nearing 50lbs), 3(34lbs) and 2(27lbs).
Our Friends who just travelled to Jamaica had seatbelts on their bus to the resort, it seems that ours won't though :( It will be a 25 minute ride.
Should I bring Carseats or use CARES for the 2 littlest ones? Is the CARES still available to rent or borrow from here?

Thanks, Danielle

ADS

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Someone emailed me about getting two in Feb--was that you? I had said to email back in Jan.. I have to figure out where the harnesses all are--one is in use this month for sure.. not sure about the rest.

-Nicole.

hipmaman

I'm done with the one I borrowed. Tell me where to ship it next and I'll do it :) Thanks for the loan, Nicole.

QuassEE

Aprilmom--Tam's is going to go to someone in Ontario, but if you want to borrow any of the other forum ones you can arrange that with the members with available harnesses and just let me know :)

-Nicole.

mamakaimon

You guys have some you lend around? Can I get in on this? I don't post here super often but I'm on Diaperswappers with lots of posts and feedback from FSOT. I'm Kaimon on there.

I'm traveling to cuba with my 1 yr old and almost 3 yr old Feb 21-28. I really really really do not want to be lugging two carseats along with all the luggage around. But I didn't realize how expensive cares harnesses are! I can't really afford to get two of them before the trip (the only reason we can afford the trip itself is money from my dad). And we don't travel often so it's not like we'd use them much if ever again.

I'm in Montreal if that helps any.

dubaidane

Could somebody confirm if CARES harness can be used in a vehicle? All that I have read seem to indicate no, but now this thread is confusing me?

TIA!

mommycat

Just confirming again, CARES is for use ONLY on aircraft.

If it was the mention of the bus to the resort or carseats above that is confusing you: people take along their car seats on vacation for the plane ride and potentially for travel at the destination. When going to a resort, the kids will not be travelling in a vehicle while there. So if the bus/shuttle to the resort does not have seatbelts, there is little point in bringing a carseat (no place to attach it) and it is easier to bring the CARES for the plane ride. If you need to travel in vehicles at your destination and seatbelts are available then your best bet is to bring along carseats (or even a US vehicle-approved travel vest like the RSTV).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC