Travel Car seat for 2.5 year old to Buenos Aires

U

Unregistered

Hi All,
We're planning on flying from philadelphia to Buenos Aires in December. My daughter will be 34 months old. She is now about 37 inches tall and maybe over 30lbs? She's been about 80th percentile for height. She is currently rear facing in a Chicco Nextfit but its so heavy I don't want to bring it. I would like to use a car seat for the plane and taxis. I was thinking of getting a cosco Scenera but was worried that she might outgrow it very soon. I don't like to be wasteful even if its cheap. Can anyone recommend a travel car seat that is easy to install with seatbelts and very lightweight/easy to carry around (I think forward might be ok for the trip if that is easier) and comfortable for a long flight. Any tips would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Claire

ADS

jjordan

I would probably do a Britax Roundabout. Not the lightest seat, for sure, but it has lockoffs, which might really come in handy installing with seat belts that might not lock. If you strap it onto a stroller or luggage cart, then you won't notice the heaviness too much when getting it through the airport. And it is more portable than a Nextfit at least!

lgenne

Do vehicles in Venezuela allow for tethering? If not, I would try not to forward face.

If you're good with a locking clip (or willing to practice before December) I'd look at the Graco Contender too. Lighter weight, cheaper, and lasts longer than the Roundabout, just no lock offs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC