Top tether Buick Rendezvous

heasmommy

Senior Community Member
I do not have a LATCH manual and am trying to help my cousin in NC. She has a Buick Rendezvous and is not sure where the top tether is located!! The back of the seat? The cargo area? Not sure of the year of the car but I can find oput if it makes a difference.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The bucket seats have them on the lower back of the seat in the center. The center bench seat has it as a cargo tie down on the floor nearest the seat (it's in the owner's manual), and then the outboard positions have tethers on the back of the seat.

Wendy

aept

heasmommy said:
I do not have a LATCH manual and am trying to help my cousin in NC. She has a Buick Rendezvous and is not sure where the top tether is located!! The back of the seat? The cargo area? Not sure of the year of the car but I can find oput if it makes a difference.

I used to have a 2005 rendezvous - I believe that was the last year it was made. Mine had no third row (we opted for the larger cargo area) and a split bench for the "second and only" rear passenger area.
The top tethers for the outboard seats were on the seatback. The one for the center seat was a "cargo tie down" which was placed off center (more towards the drivers side, iirc) and was right in the middle (front to back) of the floor of the cargo area. I had to cut a hole in my protective (aftermarket) cargo floor mat to access that top tether spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC