Too tall for booster? What's the best option?

C

cmarsh31

DS is 7.5, 53lbs, and almost 4'5". In my T& C he fits fine in a backless booster (adjustable seatbelt height) but in DHs Subaru Impreza hatchback, its not so good. The hbb (Britax Parkway) won't fit in the car at all (headrest is wedged into the side/top of car). In the backless turbo booster, with the belt in the path correctly, the seatbelt is on his upper arm. If just the lap part is under the arm rest & the shoulder part is above it's ok, but still a bit low. He's too short without the booster at all.

Help! Suggestions? Is there a lower profile backless booster that will make him lower? Is it ok to have part of the belt above the arm rest? This is about to happen in my mom's car as well. He rides in these cars about once a week.

ADS

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
Can you try the cosco topside? It's the only no back booster (that I know of) that specifically routes the shoulder belt over the arm rest. Perhaps that will help with the fit.

Kat_Momof3

I'd definitely go with the cosco top side... it fixes that problem because it sits so low and then the shoulderbelt routes over the armrest.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC