Tight 3 across, Radian is expiring

jjordan

Once new baby arrives, we need 3 across in the third row of our 2008 Kia Sedona (40/60 split). The trick is getting two seats onto the 60 part of the seat. Right now it's two Radians facing opposite directions, but one expires this summer. Is there another RF seat that would puzzle well with a FF Radian so that the combination of the two would be no wider than the current combination of RF and FF Radians?

It is an option to turn the FF (newer) Radian to RF and get a new FF seat, but I'd rather not do that as the child riding RF is a boy and the non-expiring seat cover is very girly. :) (Can't trade out for the expiring cover because they're different seat models.)

Thanks!

ADS

jjordan

Yeah, MyRide probably would not have much growing room. Are the Foonf/Fllo narrow at the foot end? I know their overall width is comparable to a Radian, but the extra-skinny foot end of the Radian is what allows it to fit where we need it. Maybe you're thinking the base of the Foonf will lift it high enough to fit?

Thanks for the ideas!

jjordan

Oh!! Ok I missed that somewhere!!! Lol...

I just ordered 2. Can you tell me why you hate them? [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First and foremost, very difficult to use properly. There are approximately 5 billion different weight limits associated with the seat (weight when you can FF, weight when crotch strap must be moved all the way out, LATCH weight limits, SafeStop weight limit, the list goes on and on...) Also there are lots of different parts that are required or recommended at various stages - RF boot, FF recline foot, SafeStop, D-ring, harness pads, RF angle adjuster, various extra pillows/padding... And add to all that the monstrous weight, typically difficult installation, impossible-to-tighten harness adjuster (I've heard mixed reviews on whether or not this is improved on more recent models)...

If they weren't so expensive it might be easier to put up with all the quirks, but for the price, I want something much more user-friendly.

MamaChirpy

First and foremost, very difficult to use properly. There are approximately 5 billion different weight limits associated with the seat (weight when you can FF, weight when crotch strap must be moved all the way out, LATCH weight limits, SafeStop weight limit, the list goes on and on...) Also there are lots of different parts that are required or recommended at various stages - RF boot, FF recline foot, SafeStop, D-ring, harness pads, RF angle adjuster, various extra pillows/padding... And add to all that the monstrous weight, typically difficult installation, impossible-to-tighten harness adjuster (I've heard mixed reviews on whether or not this is improved on more recent models)...

If they weren't so expensive it might be easier to put up with all the quirks, but for the price, I want something much more user-friendly.

Makes a lot of sense!!! Crossing my fingers I have better luck. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yeah, MyRide probably would not have much growing room. Are the Foonf/Fllo narrow at the foot end? I know their overall width is comparable to a Radian, but the extra-skinny foot end of the Radian is what allows it to fit where we need it. Maybe you're thinking the base of the Foonf will lift it high enough to fit?

Thanks for the ideas!

Narrowish, and yeah tall is what I was thinking.

featherhead

I'm not sure what the Sedona is like, but a seat up on a narrow base (I tried a Peg Convertible) also worked well rear-facing outboard in my Odyssey third row. It kinda overlapped the console/storage thingy on the side.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC