Third Row 2005 Honda Pilot

NewVTmom

Hello! I am watching my two nieces for a few days and I am trying to figure out how to get things situated in my car. My daughter is usually rear facing behind my passenger seat in a Britax Advocate (I think G3 or G4?) or Maxi Cosi Pria 70. Our Pria is being replaced for a defect so we don't have it now. My 4 year old niece forward faces, I believe in a Scenera. My 6 month old niece is in a Britax B Safe. I don't think there is any way to go three across in this situation. Can I put the infant seat in the third row? If so, do you think I will be able to click it in from the cargo area? I am worried I will only be able to have both convertable seats outboard so I wont be able to access the third row from the front. Any feedback is appreciated. I would love to hear from people with Pilots that have put an infant seat in the third row. Thank you!

ADS

rin2809

I don't know too much about the vehicle, but I did take a quick look at the manual. It looks like maybe there are tether points in the tailgate for the 3rd row, so really you should be able to put any of the kiddos back there. From my experience with other 3rd row seats, my only concern with the rear facing may be that there isn't enough front-to-back space to get the recline without touching the seat in front, especially with the infant seat.

I would say try whichever RF seat has the shortest front-to-back space first and see if it fits. Depending on your daughter's age, my preference would probably be to put the oldest of the 2 rear-facers back there if both seats fit. And then, if neither rear face back there well, you can always put the FF seat back there with the tether in the tailgate.

I would think you would be able to load any of the 3 in through the liftgate. Especially if the 4 year old can help with buckling so you would just need to tighten and check.

Brianna

It might work with a baseless installation of the infant seat. If not then I think putting the FF child in the 3rd row and buckling her in from the 2nd row would be easier than maneuvering the infant seat over the 3rd row seats.

U

Unregistered

I think you might be able to fit all three across. We have a 2004 and I haven't had a super tough time with fitting 3 across, except when dealing with boosters and kids not being able to buckle those in themselves. Maybe try the two rf kids outboard and the scenera in the middle. Our scenera is tough for me to get installed in the middle since there's no latch and the seat belt comes down from the ceiling, but we've only tried it rear facing so it might work well forward facing. Otherwise, I would put the forward facing scenera in the third row as I just personally don't like rear facing kids so far back when they don't have air vents back there (at least in our 2004, there aren't any).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC