There is an unopened car seat box in my living room

mamakc

My SIL asked for advice on a new seat for dn for her car. I recommended the true fit for many reasons. Got it yesterday, but she didnt immediately tear into it excitedly. It's still in the box, taped up. I want to play with it so badly it's killing me!!!

Would it be wrong to open it up and play while she is at work and then put it all back and tape it back up before she gets back? :)

ADS

Brianna

Can you text her at work? I wouldn't want her to get mad but I would want to play with it too if I were you!

mamakc

Lol she already thinks I'm a total freak about car seats (because I am). I'm trying to resist and let her be the first to play with it since she is proud of finally being able to get a nice seat for her dd. It's just...so...tempting. Sigh.

Brianna

You should have seen me with the new Argos that my friend bought. I tore the box open as soon as it was inside and read the manual and started playing! I proved how much of a car seat nerd I am :whistle:

omygoodness that would kill me too!! Our seat didnt even make it two feet in the door from the UPS guy (today) and we were ripping the copious amounts of tape off (Thanks Amazon!) We had the seat out in 2 minutes flat!!! lol. :D

I hope you eventually got to play with it!

lovemybabies924

Omg I usually tear into them too!! My baby jogger city select came yesterday and dd2 is so sick I didn't get to open it until after bed time! Torture I tell ya!!!

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

mamakc

Yes I finally got to play! Got it all set up for dn and sil put it in her car. Went in super easy, no movement at the belt path. I hope she loves it, so far she just keeps commenting on how huge it is. Going from an avenue to a true fit is a big difference lol

momtotwogirls

Yeah I got our true fit yesterday and it barely made it up the stairs before it was out of the box and put together and sized for my youngest lol I did resist for a few hours for installing only because it was super windy outside yesterday.

msg221

My new Argos has been lying in the cargo area of my Highlander since Saturday! Is there something wrong with me? Or is it because 1) I already tried my friend's Argos in my car and know it works and 2) I am NOT looking forward to un-installing the RN RXT and lugging it back into the house!

T4K

Well, you can just box that pretty purple RXT and send it to me. I have a great spot for it and it will receive lots of love. ;-)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC