The Sure Ride

ADS

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Not confused - that's the same model. Is it just the display model or was there an actual box available for purchase?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
They did say that they put them out too early by mistake, and December/January was the estimated release...

cookie123

They had disappeared from our Targets. Yeah, none were on the shelf for sale, just the display, so maybe they're coming now. Did anyone ever buy one? Or were they always just on display with none available.

Phineasmama

My Target had the purple one available for sale, and the display was there for quite a while. They replaced the boxes with the purple tribute instead. I noticed the other day they finally took the SureRide down and put a Tribute up as a display instead.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Ours came up for a couple weeks, then went down, and they put the exact same colors of Titan there. Don't think there were ever any of them (Sure Rides OR Titans!) for sale below the displays, lol. I'm glad to see they are coming back, I really think they are an awesome choice, even if I have to lose sales at BRU recommending them :p

PikkuMyy

I could swear I saw actual boxes for sale, but I don't trust my own memory. ;) I checked after Kecia told me they weren't available for sale yet and I was surprised to find boxes for sale. This was maybe a month ago? If I have a chance, I'll check again while I'm out and about this evening.

EDIT: I just stopped by the Target store I thought previously had them but only the display models were on the shelf.

Last edited:

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
It's possible that some slipped through the cracks but I was told that Evenflo only shipped display models and never shipped the actual product. But just because that's what I was told doesn't mean it's 100% accurate either. :rolleyes:

PikkuMyy

I'm at another Target now and they have what I thought were SureRides but they're actually Titans with the same covers!

creideamh

Yup, they had the Sure Ride on display for awhile here then took it down and replaced it with Titans with the same covers. Definitely did a double-take.

PikkuMyy

Kecia, do you know if they're making changes to the SureRide before its actual release? The harness, for one, was way too short.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
We were told at ABC that they were addressing the harness length but I don't have any specifics.

To my knowledge, it's still going to be 3 bottom slots for rf; big gap; 3 slots for ff. The 3rd slot from bottom (top slot for RF) is slanted and measures under 11", without the infant insert. And it's going to have a 37" max rf standing ht limit. And it has really tall sides which are going to make it difficult to load and unload a RF child.

Pic showing measurements without lower infant insert: http://carseatblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/1339707311614.jpg

So, IMO, this isn't going to be a great option for rf bigger toddlers or older kids. This is a convertible for the average parent/caregiver who turns their child ff before 24 months. However, it *is* a crazy tall FF seat so I think it will serve the average (non-ERF family) well in that regard.

PikkuMyy

Thanks Kecia! That's rather disappointing about the RF specs but I'm hopeful that more parents will keep their children harnessed longer in this seat FF.

PikkuMyy

I'm kicking myself for not taking a picture of the back of the Sure Ride last night. The way the arrows were pointing, it looked like the bottom three slots were RF only and the top 2 slots were FF only. However, the 4th from the bottom seemed to be open to use either RF or FF.

It was something like this:

___ ___
___ ___

^^FF only^^

___ ___

v v RF only v v
___ ___
___ ___
___ ___

Maybe I'm just imagining things but I pointed it out to a friend I was with and we both agreed that the one set of slots was between the arrows pointing up or down. Has anyone else noticed this? It also said something like 40 lbs and 40 inches for RF on the attached label.

christineka

I'm kicking myself for not taking a picture of the back of the Sure Ride last night. The way the arrows were pointing, it looked like the bottom three slots were RF only and the top 2 slots were FF only. However, the 4th from the bottom seemed to be open to use either RF or FF.

It was something like this:

___ ___
___ ___

^^FF only^^

___ ___

v v RF only v v
___ ___
___ ___
___ ___

Maybe I'm just imagining things but I pointed it out to a friend I was with and we both agreed that the one set of slots was between the arrows pointing up or down. Has anyone else noticed this? It also said something like 40 lbs and 40 inches for RF on the attached label.

Someone elsewhere posted a photo from the manual. The 4th slots can be used for either direction.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC