The results are in! Growing room comparison My Ride, Britax and Peg convertibles

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I just had this cover come through at a check .... It is cute but yeah cheapie looking. I find all cnd MyRide covers are really thin & almost startchy. I wish we would get plush ones like the cuddle :(

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Ya, WTF have they done here? I saw the Target one, same fabric just different colours and pattern. The My Rides I had when they first came out were nice and plush AND had strap covers. This one doesn't even have strap covers!

Also, the butt area is so NOT cushy! Running my hand over I can feel every nook and cranny and a huge bump where the strap and button are that hold the UAS strap from getting lost. And the strap is not wide enough so the UAS strap is folded a bit and makes a lump too. I just couldn't see how it would be comfortable but my 2 year seems to like it and I had my older one sit in to see if it was comfy and she said it was fine. Wonder if they'd feel that way after a half hour car ride...my old My Rides were much cushier in the butt.

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Oh and I just got a True Fit today as well and she has 7.5" over her head, so 6.5" growing room. Not surprising. But if anyone wants to see a pic, I can post one. The height difference between the TF and MR is consistent from when I measured both of those seats in fall 2009.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I would love a TF pic. Is it the one with the newer headrest?

I doubt it? Although I have no idea what the newer headrest looks like. ;) This is a September 2012 DOM and model 670C; likely just 670 in the USA.

I'll add a pic.

ETA: pic added to first post and I looked online and no it's not the SI with side impact headrest. We don't have that one in Canada at this time.

Keeks64

Ya, WTF have they done here? I saw the Target one, same fabric just different colours and pattern. The My Rides I had when they first came out were nice and plush AND had strap covers. This one doesn't even have strap covers! Also, the butt area is so NOT cushy! Running my hand over I can feel every nook and cranny and a huge bump where the strap and button are that hold the UAS strap from getting lost. And the strap is not wide enough so the UAS strap is folded a bit and makes a lump too. I just couldn't see how it would be comfortable but my 2 year seems to like it and I had my older one sit in to see if it was comfy and she said it was fine. Wonder if they'd feel that way after a half hour car ride...my old My Rides were much cushier in the butt.

I had an MR for 2 weeks & hated it :/ nothing plush or comfy about it ..... Neither of my kids liked sitting in it either. Was Preston one of our covers or the US I remember it being plush

The TF harness doesn't look to wide on your DD :D love the super plushy cover lol :) the red one isn't soft I don't think?! I think it's similar to the Dorel covers - not soft but not scratchy.

SnoGurl

Ya, WTF have they done here? I saw the Target one, same fabric just different colours and pattern. The My Rides I had when they first came out were nice and plush AND had strap covers. This one doesn't even have strap covers!

Also, the butt area is so NOT cushy! Running my hand over I can feel every nook and cranny and a huge bump where the strap and button are that hold the UAS strap from getting lost. And the strap is not wide enough so the UAS strap is folded a bit and makes a lump too. I just couldn't see how it would be comfortable but my 2 year seems to like it and I had my older one sit in to see if it was comfy and she said it was fine. Wonder if they'd feel that way after a half hour car ride...my old My Rides were much cushier in the butt.

Blech, back to the drawing board. Dni has a MR in her mom's car, and travels 6-8hrs in it everyother weekend with no complaints. I don't so much want/need something cushy, but I do want something that feels quality.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I had an MR for 2 weeks & hated it :/ nothing plush or comfy about it ..... Neither of my kids liked sitting in it either. Was Preston one of our covers or the US I remember it being plush

I am worried this will happen and if we use it and hate it, I can't return it.
The TF harness doesn't look to wide on your DD :D love the super plushy cover lol :) the red one isn't soft I don't think?! I think it's similar to the Dorel covers - not soft but not scratchy.

Yes, I was surprised at the harness on her! I thought it looked pretty good too! The cover is SO nice. It is nicer than the black/red for sure. You are correct that the centre area of the black/red is like a cotton fabric, not scratchy, not soft. The centre are of this one has a bit of a shine to it, it's kind of like the non-velour fabric that was on the Onyx Marathons. Very nice anyway.

I put it in my SUV and am trying it out tomorrow so I can see if we like or hate it. ;) We did use True Fits for a couple years when they first came out and the only thing we hated at the time was the twisty straps (can't tell if these are any thicker or have been changed) and the harness adjuster being a bit of a pain to get to, but that has been fixed with the ARB. Oh, I also found it difficult to install in our vehicle before, it was easy this time. That's because it has 2 physical recline positions now so I didn't have to try and hold it at a certain angle to tighten it in.

Cross your fingers that it fits in the little car I need it for!

Last edited:

YinzerMama

What are the rules for rf seats in Canada? I though they had to have some sort of tether or rebound control option and that was why the nextfit isn't available there yet but if you have graco seats that can't be the case, unless graco allows tethering rf in canada?

I am not sure where I got this idea though.

Inquiring minds want to know. :)

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
They don't have to have a rebound control device per se, they just have to be able to pass the rebound test. Graco seats available here do without a tether or ARB (as do Evenflo, Cosco, etc.) :) Some of our seats are structurally different, with higher edges at the front to mitigate rebound (the SR35 comes to mind) but they don't have to have tether or ARB.

melniemi

I found the Peg to have the same growing room and legroom in my van. No anti rebound bar though so that may make a difference.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC