The OFFICIAL Britax Frontier Spoilers & Speculation thread (part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arly1983

Judging how they made the harness height, it looks like it goes up once more. Does it?

Also, the manual said the recline block had to be forward for harness mode. Does that not give him more room?

Even taking that into cosideration, thats not alot.......its actually shocking, reallly shocking if the pictures are correct.

ADS

Lys

Senior Community Member
Even taking that into cosideration, thats not alot.......its actually shocking, reallly shocking if the pictures are correct.

If you look in the center photo at the harness adjuster there is one little bit of room to move up! It's that little missing section at the very top and that's it and he won't fit in the harness any longer. BTW, I did try to install this both ways, latch and lap shoulder belt and couldn't get a good fit yet! I am usually the carseat installer and could install our Blvd super fast either way! Not sure this will matter to me if he doesn't have any more room to grow! Waiting for hubby's opinion. While it was somewhat installed I had him sit in it and the harness height didn't really change while in the vehicle!

Wow! I can't wait to see how Ian fits in it as well. Ian's torso is about the same as your son's.
Also, if you're having trouble installing it in your MDX, I wonder how well it's going to install in my Pilot.

jwren

are you sure you have that to the highest setting? I had heard the back pulls up and the harness moves with the headrest.. so maybe this is the main setting and when you move it up the whole top goes up... You should have a good two inches here to grow..;)

Here are 3 pic where you can see how little room he has to grow! As you can see from these pic not much growing room for him! Not sure we will be able to keep this beauty becasue of that! He still fits in the Blvd at the highest setting, and this does not but me the time he will need in the harness as far as I can tell. Let me know your opinions!

mom23boys

Yes the recline block has to be in the front when it is in harness mode! It actully looks lilke he has more room in the booster mode though! I know that doesn't logically make sense but I just put him in it with recline block to the front and then with recline block to the rear(Booster mode) and had my 111 year old give his opinion and he thought the same as me! He had more harness room with the recline block to the rear( booster Mode)!

mom23boys

are you sure you have that to the highest setting? I had heard the back pulls up and the harness moves with the headrest.. so maybe this is the main setting and when you move it up the whole top goes up... You should have a good two inches here to grow..;)

If you look at the center photo of the back that little missing section is all he has left! I know it is hard to believe but that's it. The closeup of the harness coming over his shoulder in pic 1 is on that setting! Yes he has one itty bit of growing room but not sure that's enough since he is only 4.5

mom23boys

Yes the recline block has to be in the front when it is in harness mode! It actully looks lilke he has more room in the booster mode though! I know that doesn't logically make sense but I just put him in it with recline block to the front and then with recline block to the rear(Booster mode) and had my 111 year old give his opinion and he thought the same as me! He had more harness room with the recline block to the rear( booster Mode)!

I meant 11 year old!:love: I am not that old!

MomToEliEm

If you put the harness into that top notch, what measurement do you get for slot height using a yardstick or tape measure? What top slot measurement do you get on your boulevard?

essnce629

So he's basically almost even with the second to the top slots correct? If you move it to the top slot how much room does he have? The slots aren't 2" apart like all the other Britax seats right? I think they're more like 3/4 to an inch apart? So he'd probably only have an inch of torso growth left in the seat? My 4 1/2 year old son's torso is only 14.5" maybe it would be ok for him. I REALLY need a seat that I can take on the plane in a few weeks and I don't want a Nautilus. Does your son say he is comfortable in the seat? Does he feel squished at all-- in the shoulder or bum area?

mom23boys

Please remember my 4.5 year old is off the chart and has been since day one when he was born a whopping 9 lb 14 oz! I am just trying to show you all what I am dealing with! I can hardly believe that this harness doesn't give him much more room to grow than what my eyes are seeing! I am sure of his torso height as I measured him sitting up against the wall, plus he does still fit in his Blvd, but barely, thus the reason for this purchase without seeing it in the store first and trying it out!

Any of you experts want to give me some advice on what I should do judging from the pics I posted????? Is the regent my best choice, I think it's my only choice! I just would have to go and try it out in the store and in my MDX!

Please send your advice ASAP as I will need to decide what to do about htis seat

jwren

I also would be curious to see the top slot actual measurment, my son's torso is right at 15", he is 43 1/2"tall and weights about 48lbs..

BabyKaykes

Thumbs down for Britax!!! But honestly, I think people had their hopes set too high for this seat.

When they showed the pic with the stats and it was bigger than the MA, people immediately began comparing it to the Regent. But there really isn't a seat out there that can compare to the Regent. We do this every time a seat comes out. It happened to the Apex, it happened to the Recaros, it happened to the Radian, it's happening to the Nautilus & Frontier.

This is NOT the seat to be looking at after your kid outgrows the MA. It's the seat you look at when they're outgrowing the RA or another low top slot seat. That said...I will most likely try for the Frontier when DS goes FF, with the Nautilus as a secondary/backup.

arly1983

Thumbs down for Britax!!! But honestly, I think people had their hopes set too high for this seat.

When they showed the pic with the stats and it was bigger than the MA, people immediately began comparing it to the Regent. But there really isn't a seat out there that can compare to the Regent. We do this every time a seat comes out. It happened to the Apex, it happened to the Recaros, it happened to the Radian, it's happening to the Nautilus & Frontier.

Me persoanlly, I think it was natural to compare it to the regent when we first heard about it, it has an 80 lb limit.

The same is true of the Radian80, it just doesn't measure up.

mom23boys

Please wait for others to show their photos before makinf a decision! Every child is different! Mine have all 3 been on the big side!

arly1983

Here he is with the harness adjusted to the max!

Looks like 1 inch.

If you are wanting to harness for another year or so, its not a bad choice if it makes a good booster.

If you want to harness longer then a regent is your only option though a Nautilus could be an option for a little more time.

mcomommy

Please wait for others to show their photos before makinf a decision! Every child is different! Mine have all 3 been on the big side!

I understand that but the fact that he still can fit in the BLVD is why I am thinking regent now, I want more than an inch more of growth between my dd's MA and the next seat that harnesses her.

mom23boys

If we decide to keep it I may need some help getting it to install properly! Mom with the Pilot expecting seat tomorrow may be able to help me since our cars are basically same inside! I really am looking for alot of opinions as to keep or try the regent! I may drive tomorrow about 1 hr away to try it out in our car with ds in it!

Calideedle

Wow, that isn't much room :(

Does anyone know when it will be in stores? (I cant read through all these threads, lol) Like BRU? I would love to try it out IRL before buying.

mom23boys

I understand that but the fact that he still can fit in the BLVD is why I am thinking regent now, I want more than an inch more of growth between my dd's MA and the next seat that harnesses her.

I promise you he still fits properly in the BLVD, but at the very limit if that makes sense! I took another photo with him in the seat with the recline in the harness position and it certainly looks like 1 in is all he's got! I also heard that the Marathon has a little more room than the BLVD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC