The answer....does the RXT cover fit the XTSL....and other answers.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
XTSL on the left. RXT on the right.

So that is old on left, new on right.

Main differences I see, other that the booster mode, is the harness and the splitter plate, plus the adjuster being smoother. Oh, and the cover.

Dressed.

XTSLRXT1.jpg

Harness.

XTSLRXTHarness.jpg

XTSLRXTHarness2.jpg

Side view.

XTSLRXT4.jpg

XTSL.

XTSL.jpg

RXT.

RXT.jpg

How RXT cover stays on. This is on the inside, while the XTSL attaches on the outside.

RXT2snapsoninside.jpg

Naked.

XTSLRXTNaked.jpg

XTSL.

XTSLNaked.jpg

RXT.

RXTnaked.jpg

RXT cover ON XTSL.

Headwing fit well.

XTSLwings.jpg

Not working. I probably could have broken a few nails and made this part fit.

RXTonXTSL.jpg

But that doesn't matter, since the thing won't stay on.

RXTcoveronXTSL.jpg

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
XTSL cover ON RXT.

Headwing fit, but tight.

XTSLonRXTwings.jpg

A bit baggy.

XTSLcoveronRXT.jpg

My finger is where the seat ends.

XTSLcoveronRXTbig.jpg

Baggy but basically doable.

XTSLcoveronRXTbaggy.jpg

XTSL wings on top. They are a bit smaller, but do fit.

XTSLontop.jpg

XTST cover on top. Showing the difference in snaps.

XTSLontop2.jpg

XTSL splitter plate.

XTSLspillterplate.jpg

RXT splitter plate.

RXTsplitterplate.jpg

RXT emergency card is now here!

RXTEmerg.jpg

RXTEmerg2.jpg

Booster guide.

boosterguide3.jpg

boosterguide2.jpg

boosterguide1.jpg

If you haven't figured it out yet, the answer is NO, the RXT cover will not fit the XTSL.

Last edited:

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I don't think the splitter plate has changed, has it? I think the change is in the straps; the loops are now bigger so they overlap easier and it's MUCH easier to connect and disconnect them from the splitter plate. At least, that's the impression I got. I haven't actually compared my RXT to my XTSL side-by-side in that manner.

This change was actually made to the SK Radians sometime in 2010. My 12/2009 Radian (which I just sold today) had the straps like you show in your picture. My Fall 2010 one has straps that look like the RXT.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I don't think the splitter plate has changed, has it? I think the change is in the straps; the loops are now bigger so they overlap easier and it's MUCH easier to connect and disconnect them from the splitter plate. At least, that's the impression I got. I haven't actually compared my RXT to my XTSL side-by-side in that manner.

This change was actually made to the SK Radians sometime in 2010. My 12/2009 Radian (which I just sold today) had the straps like you show in your picture. My Fall 2010 one has straps that look like the RXT.

I think you are totally right on that.

hrice

Well damn.

Thanks Judi. Repping when I get to a real computer!

Heather, CPST and Momma to Dustin 11/01, Colton 6/08 and Peyton 6/09

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I was hoping it would fit, but then hoping it didn't, since I now own one. I put the plum cover on my Christmas list.

mrosehughes

Did they change the hand space in the rear facing belt path? It looks bigger on the RXT, but that might just be because it is not obscured by the cover...

tl01

So do the headings move to more to accommodate the use of the booster belt guide? Or is the seat outgrown at the same time the harness is outgrown? I ask b/c it seems that DS1's shoulders are at the bottom of the headrest and he's just about at the top of the harness slot.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC